Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If other car companies adopt Tesla's supercharger network with their future EVs, I will consider dumping my Model 3 for another brand for design alone.

Sorry if my comments may sound insulting... I'm seriously losing taste for Franz VH. I have many positive comments about the Model 3's looks, but after viewing sexier cars from other brands I'm starting to get upset. There are amazing, salivating car designs out there that even the gorgeous Model S pales in comparison both inside and out.

And please don't give us that drag coefficient reasoning crap. Drop dead gorgeous aesthetics and low cd can work together.

I'm a HUGE Tesla FAN/LOVER/SUPPORTER but their current designs will be seriously outdone by other EVs in the near future, guaranteed. (Watch for Mercedes Benz and FaradayFuture reveals in the next few months.) My #1 wish is that Tesla themselves would be THE company to do it and to prove me wrong with a new Model 3 nose design that would make everyone's jaws drop.

Again, I'm so sorry if I offend anyone as I direct my frustration only to the Tesla Motors Design Team and not to you, my fellow Tesla fans, especially to current owners and those who like their designs. I'm just pissed the more I think about this Tesla design blahness. Unfortunately, I'm not alone with this sentiment.

Franz in case you read this, please redeem yourself with an impressive final Model 3 design!

Why would anyone be insulted or offended by your opinion? It's just an opinion. My opinion happens to be the polar opposite of yours. I just choose not to jump up and down about it.

We can agree to disagree.

I'm jumping up and down coz pencils down is almost over and I ain't settling for 2nd best.

And no, I am not asking for a grill specifically. See my comments on page 33.

IMO the alpha Model 3 has a duck face, akin to having a masterpiece turned into this:
a9761d3abab684657ecb91ef383fa270-mona-lisa-duck-face.jpg

just keep calm... :)
100 years ago until today you always had to take what cardesigners and their bosses decided to give us.
we had ugly cars selling good, we had beautiful cars selling bad. it's not just the design.
do you remember the Porsche 928 (1977?) who almost everybody found an ugly design? even 40 years later, the design is exiting timeless.
I am convinced that Franz an his team will provide a beautiful car.
Look at what he've done the last 2 centuries and chill out ;)

ah, btw, maybe something interesting to read (also for Franz). a Model3 without mirrors? who knows...
Japan Says Yes To Mirrorless Cars
Yeah. I've commented before that the 928 was actually the first Porsche that I liked. Naturally, it was the one that longtime Porsche fans have always hated. Strange they haven't noted that all the most popular and continuing styling themes at Porsche hail from that car.

I have tremendous confidence in Franz Von Holzhausen. I'm extremely glad that the Model ☰ is not to be the wimpy econobox that so many predicted with their renderings. If the Tesla Model S looked like other 5-door cars have over the years, I would have hated it...
Saab_900S_rear.jpg

2015-honda-crosstour_100477606_l.jpg

2013-Porsche-Panamera-Platinum-Edition-rear-view-closer.jpg

Yeah. I've commented before that the 928 was actually the first Porsche that I liked. Naturally, it was the one that longtime Porsche fans have always hated. Strange they haven't noted that all the most popular and continuing styling themes at Porsche hail from that car.
If I recall correctly (it's been a while, and I was pretty young when the 928 came out), the big uproar was around the non-traditional technological advances (not seen as advances by Porsche purists), not so much the styling.

The 911 fans blew a gasket over the flagship having a front-mounted, water-cooled V8. Heresy for a 911 purist! The 924 got a pass (sort of), because it was the "poor man's” entry level car.

But yes, the Panamera is clearly a modern 928.

Reactions: Red Sage
Because I like the way it looks.

Not going to apologize for it.

For your viewing pleasure.
View attachment 185510
I would agree. It looks much better with the plastic black. The other looks like fat lips for a front.
Plus, you could tell everyone, that's where are the sophisticated electronics are beaming out of... etc etc.
And it could be used for a camera that COULDNT see through solid plastic.

just keep calm... :)
100 years ago until today you always had to take what cardesigners and their bosses decided to give us.
we had ugly cars selling good, we had beautiful cars selling bad. it's not just the design.
do you remember the Porsche 928 (1977?) who almost everybody found an ugly design? even 40 years later, the design is exiting timeless.
I am convinced that Franz an his team will provide a beautiful car.
Look at what he've done the last 2 centuries and chill out ;)

ah, btw, maybe something interesting to read (also for Franz). a Model3 without mirrors? who knows...
Japan Says Yes To Mirrorless Cars
Ok I've chilled out though, as it stands, the Porsche 928 still looks better than the Model 3 alpha IMO. I hope you're right that Franz will pull through with an even more beautiful design. The production Model S looks vastly improved over the concept S therefore I'm still expectant.
928_SmoothGrey.jpg
MZvfYtWkmqOZpL2XWPnRRnDZJF2m7BCa8plg8kIF5wU.jpg

I actually really like it! I hated the pre-acelift Model S grill. It looked like a mouth trying to say "uh.. ugh.. duh..". The face lift is actually quite "gentle" and fit with the beauty of side and the back. The Model 3's front is even more sporty without the grill.

If isn't my wife demand a car that sits higher, I would've gotten the new Model S!

______________________________________________________________________________________
On order: X90D Pearl White, tan leather, light headliner, 6 seater, 20", PUP, Sub-Zero, AP, Tow hitch
Tesla Discount Referral code: Referral | Tesla Motors

Reactions: jkk_ and melindav
I actually really like it! I hated the pre-acelift Model S grill. It looked like a mouth trying to say "uh.. ugh.. duh..". The face lift is actually quite "gentle" and fit with the beauty of side and the back. The Model 3's front is even more sporty without the grill.

If isn't my wife demand a car that sits higher, I would've gotten the new Model S!

______________________________________________________________________________________
On order: X90D Pearl White, tan leather, light headliner, 6 seater, 20", PUP, Sub-Zero, AP, Tow hitch
Tesla Discount Referral code: Referral | Tesla Motors
I absolutely agree.