Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front end sloshing sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nkow

Dec 3, 2020
USA
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. When I accelerate or decelerate at low speeds I hear fluid sloshing in the front end of the vehicle. I mostly hear it on the drivers side. Once the car is moving I don’t hear it anymore. I wanted to check with this community before making a service call. Does not affect driving but certainly doesn’t seem right.

Thanks!

Same! I think it’s just washer fluid, the sound of which is usually masked by an engine. Crank that NPR and you won’t hear it anymore!

haha that’s what I’ve been doing so far! NPR all day! Glad to hear you have a similar experience. My thoughts was washer fluid as the reservoir is on the driver side. Just get worried when you hear noises you can’t explain!

Thanks for the comments here! Finally got annoyed with this sound and was afraid it was my suspension. I had a service appointment set up with Tesla (about a 2 hour drive there) to check the suspension. Glad I found this thread -- filled up my washer fluid reservoir and sound went away.

Would be curious to pop the frunk panel off to see if there is any way to deaden the sound.