Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Facia upgrade or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought a private party p85+ with autopilot and couldn't be happier. Unfortunately got backed in to while parked, and owner fessed up (awesome in this day and age). The damage is very minor but will require a new nosecone. Quotes look to be around $500 since Tesla sells them unpainted.
Which makes me think if I should put that $500 toward an unplugged front facia or maybe Tsportline.
I know the p85+ ap. are pretty rare, and I would hate to diminish it's value. I keep cars for a pretty long time (6-10 years +) and would probably keep the classic bumper if I ever sold it anyway. I don't really see to much to loose ( other than about 3k in cost) but would really freshen up the look.
What's the general consensus on doing the bumper refresh?

Poser status or acceptable?

Honestly there is nothing in the new MS models that interests me (ap2, dual motor, or even range since I dont need what I have). The only thing I like is the refreshed bumper, (ludicrous would be nice too) but I don't want to loose my + handling.

Looking for opinions.

Just bought a private party p85+ with autopilot and couldn't be happier. Unfortunately got backed in to while parked, and owner fessed up (awesome in this day and age). The damage is very minor but will require a new nosecone. Quotes look to be around $500 since Tesla sells them unpainted.
Which makes me think if I should put that $500 toward an unplugged front facia or maybe Tsportline.
I know the p85+ ap. are pretty rare, and I would hate to diminish it's value. I keep cars for a pretty long time (6-10 years +) and would probably keep the classic bumper if I ever sold it anyway. I don't really see to much to loose ( other than about 3k in cost) but would really freshen up the look.
What's the general consensus on doing the bumper refresh?

Poser status or acceptable?

Honestly there is nothing in the new MS models that interests me (ap2, dual motor, or even range since I dont need what I have). The only thing I like is the refreshed bumper, (ludicrous would be nice too) but I don't want to loose my + handling.

Looking for opinions.
Poser for sure ! Get a carbon fiber wrapped nosecone and embrace the great vehicle you have. You dont need the FAK phone Hollywood front end.

RPM Tesla

They also buy damages one and give credit. Our next door neighbors looks great.

Seems you answered in your original post, which is refresh and keep the classic for when you sell it.
Don't we always look to reaffirm decisions we have already made?

My other justification is when Tesla CPOd this car, they did a pretty bad paint job freshening up the bumper, which shows some paint spider cracks around the parking sensors, not super noticible but they are there and it bugs me.

Thanks for all the input!

Reactions: Lifeinabox
I have a P85+ and did the refresh. I am going to sell the nosecone to recoup some $$ and so I don't have to keep it in my garage.

IMG_0029.jpg

Looks great ... any lessons learned? :cool:

Just that it sucks to do. :) It's pretty straight forward honestly. It was the lining up and getting everything to attach that took forever. I will say this - start from one side and work your way around. Don't try to get both sides clipped up simultaneously. That was the major source of my frustration and time. Also, if you can do it while it's warm that would have helped. The plastic would have been a little more "stretchable" had it been warm.