Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front facing camera for parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone has installed a front facing camera that connects to your phone for parking close to those concrete bumper strips that can tear up the underside of your front end if you park too close? If so, what brand did you use, is it fast in transferring the image to your phone, easy to install, and do you recommend it?

That’s rear view. I want front view at the bumper level.
I know the screens mentioned in this thread by Tom @ EAS has an option for a front camera. Try reaching out to them for options:

Upvote 0
For my lowered 3

Small front facing camera
Car Front View... Amazon.com: Chuanganzhuo Car Front View Camera, Universal High Definition CMOS Non-Mirror Image Waterproof Front View Camera,Without Distance Scale Line,16.5mm,Black : Electronics

5” lcd display
ePathChina® 5" TFT-LCD Digital... Amazon.com

Cigarette lighter power supply kit
Royitay 12V/24V Super Thin 4 Pin... Amazon.com

(Some of the items show unavailable but really anything similar will work, bought this set up many years ago, still works fine)
Front facing has to be non mirror image otherwise display will be flipped. Attached adhesive on small front grates, fits fine.
Getting the wires through from camera to inside is the hard part (take out the frunk panels), you can run the line through the fender to the underside of the glovebox and then under the side panels of the center console.

Y never had an issue since it’s high enough. Lowered 3 is different, it’ll def hit cement stops and curbs

Upvote 0