Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #21 is streaming live right now. We are discussing the wider release of FSD Beta, as well as other topics. As always, you can watch it and participate in the live chat on YouTube.

Front fender for 2015 model S damage.

Liver

Jun 15, 2022
Texas
I have a 2015 model S P90D that I damaged by backing over a parking divider.

I’ve put the bumper back on but self driving and parking sensors are not working.

I assume one or more of the sensors has been damaged. Maybe the Autopilot or parking sensors or both.

Where can I buy some sensors that will reliably work with my car? I’m doing this off of insurance, so I don’t want to take it to Tesla.

Thanks.

pictures pictures pictures. you can request advice all day but its a lot easier to help when i can see what the problem is.

I have pulled off half my bumper after backing out of a supercharger because it had those stupid concrete wheel stoppers. anyway one sensor fell out because the holder broke. I simply repaired the holder with some JB weld plastic and then reinforced it after installing the sensor with a zip tie (behind the bumper you cant see it) and it works fine and only cost me a few bucks and an afternoon.

Liver

Jun 15, 2022
Texas
Yes sir I understand about the pictures. Externally the bumper looks fine for a 2015 bumper. If I decide to update the bumper for late 2015 look, I’ll still need a working sensor array.

The actual sensor got damaged, the mount itself is serviceable (exactly what you did, a zip tie and good to go).

So the sensor split in half. I mean it sheared off. There isn’t a way to feasibly repair it. However I believe that’s my issue.

I need more sensors.

You can see the full parts catalogue here:

You'll need to log in with your Tesla user credentials. Then can select type of vehicle, model year range, then will be able to look through by categories/subsystems. All the parking assist / driver assist sensors appear under the electrical page.

I've never used it, but there is an order page on the site as well. I believe others has ordered parts via their nearest service center through the app. I'm not 100% sure if they do this by opening a service appointment and putting in description with part number of their order of if there's some other option you can use in the app to order.

FYI - I was able to locate the parts catalogue link by simply doing a google search for 'tesla parts catalog.'

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC