Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front fender for 2015 model S damage.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Liver

Jun 15, 2022
Texas
I have a 2015 model S P90D that I damaged by backing over a parking divider.

I’ve put the bumper back on but self driving and parking sensors are not working.

I assume one or more of the sensors has been damaged. Maybe the Autopilot or parking sensors or both.

Where can I buy some sensors that will reliably work with my car? I’m doing this off of insurance, so I don’t want to take it to Tesla.

Thanks.

pictures pictures pictures. you can request advice all day but its a lot easier to help when i can see what the problem is.

I have pulled off half my bumper after backing out of a supercharger because it had those stupid concrete wheel stoppers. anyway one sensor fell out because the holder broke. I simply repaired the holder with some JB weld plastic and then reinforced it after installing the sensor with a zip tie (behind the bumper you cant see it) and it works fine and only cost me a few bucks and an afternoon.

Yes sir I understand about the pictures. Externally the bumper looks fine for a 2015 bumper. If I decide to update the bumper for late 2015 look, I’ll still need a working sensor array.

The actual sensor got damaged, the mount itself is serviceable (exactly what you did, a zip tie and good to go).

So the sensor split in half. I mean it sheared off. There isn’t a way to feasibly repair it. However I believe that’s my issue.

I need more sensors.

You can see the full parts catalogue here:

You'll need to log in with your Tesla user credentials. Then can select type of vehicle, model year range, then will be able to look through by categories/subsystems. All the parking assist / driver assist sensors appear under the electrical page.

I've never used it, but there is an order page on the site as well. I believe others has ordered parts via their nearest service center through the app. I'm not 100% sure if they do this by opening a service appointment and putting in description with part number of their order of if there's some other option you can use in the app to order.

FYI - I was able to locate the parts catalogue link by simply doing a google search for 'tesla parts catalog.'

Thanks for the catalog link. Now I know the exact part number.

I looked on eBay and found a 4 pack for about $50 shipped. I know these aren’t “OEM” sensors but at least I know I can try them.