Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front half shaft replacement instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Here is my hack. It doesn’t fix anything but might save some wear. Mostly on the axels.

Reactions: towndrunk
Mine is a 2017
Make sure you replace the oil seal,star washers and make sure the halfshaft s all the way in with a click check all suspensions bolts make sure there tight at std height when car is loaded .it’s a really simple job if you have done a legacy car ..it’s a lot cleaner to work on ..I would get a Jack stand adapter for the Jack I forgot the part number

Make sure you replace the oil seal,star washers and make sure the halfshaft s all the way in with a click check all suspensions bolts make sure there tight at std height when car is loaded .it’s a really simple job if you have done a legacy car ..it’s a lot cleaner to work on ..I would get a Jack stand adapter for the Jack I forgot the part number
Thank you very much
If I remove the upper ball joint is that all I need to do ( I’ve replaced half shaft on an VW Eurovan) anything tricky ? Then lean the entire hub out I should be able to pull out the axle ? I do I need to disconnect entire hub assembly?

Are you serous - on out of warranty vehicles ? I can have both done w the Corvus for $350???
Clevis
Yup, I've got a '17 w/ 116k currently and had them done like a month ago.
anything you had to do in particular? I did just send the TSB info to service and asked to have mine replaced … did they give you a hard time had to re verify it could you just schedule it ? Huge thank you

Reactions: m5james
Clevis

anything you had to do in particular? I did just send the TSB info to service and asked to have mine replaced … did they give you a hard time had to re verify it could you just schedule it ? Huge thank you
Nope, I just posted this picture with my service request and they confirmed. I also spoke to the techs there and they said they haven't heard anything about this expiring either.

Attachments

• 20220620_135634.jpg
    20220620_135634.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 620
Reactions: Proflig8tor