Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front half shaft replacement instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The TSB isn't going to replace your half shafts...only the mount.
I've said more than once I just got this done a month ago so please don't armchair mechanic your wrong information.

$180 for balljoints and upper control arms, $350 for halfshafts AND clevis. TSB# is also literally mentioned on the receipt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230224-172818.png
    Screenshot_20230224-172818.png
    510.5 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Okay, cite your source?

My alignment was acceptable when I dropped the car off. After they replaced my halfshafts it was so bad I noticed it driving out of the parking lot.
View attachment 910973

View attachment 910971
That alignment is acceptable?

Do you enjoy the rear of the car wandering around like a glass eyeball? Why do you have 1/2 a degree of extra camber in the rear right?

They wouldn’t have touched the rear, so this would have been part of your ‘acceptable’ alignment.

Reactions: m5james
A TSB is not a recall. It may be covered under warranty, it might not. They may treat it as goodwill, they might not.

View attachment 910969
Screenshot where me, myself and I said a TSB is a recall...go ahead, I'll wait. I'll also be waiting for your admission that you're giving out wrong information...I'm sure I won't be getting that either.

Last edited:
Okay, cite your source?

My alignment was acceptable when I dropped the car off. After they replaced my halfshafts it was so bad I noticed it driving out of the parking lot.
View attachment 910973

View attachment 910971
The tech who sat next to me and did a ride along with me to confirm squeaking from the balljoints/control arms and clicking from the halfshafts before they took the car into the shop and gave me a service loaner.

Sucks for you I guess that you needed an alignment after the fact...I didn't, car still drives straight as an arrow. Why your back is so outta wack when the halfshafts and clevis that got replaced are upfront is beyond me...maybe stay away from curbs?

I'm not saying you said that. I'm stating, the TSB is not a recall and because it's simply a suggestion Tesla may or may not charge the same rates as shown by our two receipts.
So you're not saying I said that...yet felt the need to quote me to tell me something I didn't say in the first place? 👌🏼 You always have a habit of correcting people who don't need to be corrected...while at the same time NOT correcting yourself? You did say that the TSB only covers the clevis and not halfshafts, so you wanna walk that comment back since you're all about facts and transparency and all.

Did you mention the TSB to them beforehand? Someone else from these forums posted the TSB and I used it w/o argument. ford50x has confirmed today that Tesla will do it for him @ $350 as well. If you didn't, then that's between you and Tesla...but that doesn't change the FACT that the TSB is out there, set price and all, and is still being used.

At the end of the day my experience was different than yours, I know what I know...what I paid and that you're giving wrong info, period.

Didn't realize people were so easily triggered these days 🤣 I did mention the TSB. Anyways, best of luck to OP. I paid $1500 for my clevis mount and halfshafts, YMMV.
When I'm told I'm wrong AND corrected needlessly, that's not tRiGGeReD...that's called defending myself while also stopping your spread of misinformation. I'm also not one to take insults from someone who can't admit when they're wrong...something WAY too many people can't do these days.

$1500?!?! I don't see how that's even possible considering the quoted booktime and parts costs. They must have seen you coming a mile away...must suck to suck. Either way, no YMMV warning for others; just use the TSB.

Last edited: