TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Front head lights don't turn ON when i unlock the car?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by top agent, Jul 1, 2015.

1. top agent

top agent Member

I just got my Tesla 70D last week, but i noticed that my FRONT HEAD LIGHTS don't turn "ON" when i unlock the car. Only the fog Led strip turns "ON".

Every car that i owned such as my AUDI , BMW & Benz....the Head lights turn "ON" when i unlock the car.

For me this is a major safety feature when i am parked in a dark area and i want the HEADLIGHTS to turn "ON" when i unlock the car.

Is this possible with the MODEL S????

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Not that I'm aware of.

Put an email into Tesla about this. Maybe we'll see the option switch in future updates.

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I've never used that feature, but you're right... it was configurable on previous cars I've owned. (I never use the delay on the lights when I get out of the car either). I actually wish there was a way to prevent even the accent lights from turning on when I unlock the car.

One feature I wish they'd add is the ability to turn on a horn chirp as the car locks. I'm used to cars with walk-away locking. My past few cars have had that feature. But I like to hear that horn chirp as I'm walking away just so I know it locked. As it is with the Model S, I always lock it with the fob. Don't feel like walking backwards just so I can see the parking lights flash.

4. top agent

top agent Member

thanks for replies!

5. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

#5 cgiGuy, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Or this. ;)

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

As others have commented, no, they do not have a setting for the front head lights to turn on when you unlock the car, but there is a setting to keep them when you walk away for a period of time (to better see your way up the driveway or so).