Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Left Wheel Clicking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
I noticed that when I'm using summon to put my Model 3 in the garage, the front left wheel makes a ticking noise. I have the aero caps on and hoping something is loose in it and it's not something more serious. The left wheel or any other of the wheels makes no sound.

Could even be as serious as CV joint or upper control arm. If you can reproduce the issue, I'd open a service request and get it addressed while the car is under warranty. It doesn't sound like the same problem, but there have been many of us who have had small rocks get stuck between the pad and the rotor. Doesn't sound like your issue, though, as that sounds like two pieces of metal scraping quite badly.

Not a stone or nail. And it always makes this sound at summon speeds. But it's more of a ticking sound than clicking and as I said it's only the front left wheel. Now that I think about it, I believe it did this within the first year.

If you jack the car up and spin the wheel do you get the same ticking sound
Is your wheel tightened correctly I can't remember what the wheel nuts torque is supposed to be
I think something like it's 60kg 129lb.
Might be the aero cover creaking/ticking try with it off