TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Front license plate and range

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by GasKilla, Feb 3, 2016.

1. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

Has anyone tested how actual range is impacted by having a front license plate vs. not having a front plate?

2. taurusking

taurusking Member

How would front license plate impact the range?:confused:

3. tel

tel Member

I'm guessing that the OP suspects that the front license plate would alter air flow around the nose cone, thereby increasing the drag. Seems like a reasonable question. Of course, I don't know the answer...

4. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

Yes. I'm sure it's a rather small % but over hundreds of miles on a road trip it could add up to real miles

- - - Updated - - -

Less than ideal (designed) airflow over the vehicle which would reduce the coefficient of drag and therefore your range. I admit it would be a small amount but could be measurable over a road trip.

5. James Anders

James Anders Member

• Informative x 1