TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front License Plate Bracket For Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by neptune2000, Dec 12, 2017.

1. darknavi

darknavi Member

I'd love this!

• Like x 1
  2. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

• Like x 1
  3. AMIYY4YOU

AMIYY4YOU Member

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  4. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

FYI -- that is actually a product from Torklift… Evannex is just a reseller (and charges a bit more). Here's the Torklift page: Tesla Model 3 Law

I bought the Model S version of "The Law" when I moved from a 1-plate state to a 2-plate state. Yes, their cost to make these is well below what they charge, but it is a well-made solution that did not require drilling into the nose cone. It is not garbage. It was also the only no-drill mount that was not a magnetic mount that I could find. I'm happy to pay for quality product that gives the maker a profit (if they didn't make a profit, they wouldn't be selling these for long…).

So far, it saved me from a $150 ticket when I was pulled over for what highway patrol thought was seeing me turn on a red light at an intersection marked no turn on red (I had a green arrow that he didn't see -- he was coming from a different direction). The patrolman checked for the front plate and commented that he was surprised I had one since many Teslas don't have the front plat on it (which tells me he thought he'd get an easy ticket!). So its already paid for itself.

______

But I don't want to spoil the OP's thread about his product. I welcome competition in this space -- looks like a nice design that I will consider when I get my Model 3...

• Like x 2
  5. neptune2000

• Like x 1
  6. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

I do prefer the lower position of The Law bracket. Curious how much real impact there is with air flow.

• Like x 1
  7. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

If I felt like I could possibly get away without installing the front plate, I would. In my little town, some days it seems Law Enforcement out number the citizens, you cannot go 2 blocks without passing an Officer!!:(

• Like x 1
  8. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

Probably want to minimize blocking the vent as much as possible, that's why it was moved up in close proximity with the OEM mount. Website will be up in about T-48hrs! Finalized design & nested parts layout completed and a small initial production run started. Thank you all for your input and interest

9. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

Kipp, it's pretty solid, I did attempt to push it and the front grill is quite flexible itself as it is also made of some kind of plastic as well.

10. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

Thank you for your comments, yes very soon!

11. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

"Not-A-Bracket" Tesla Model 3, Front License Plate Holder, 2018 final version

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  12. AMIYY4YOU

AMIYY4YOU Member

soo price and when can I get my hands on one?!

• Like x 2
  13. darknavi

darknavi Member

Same!

• Like x 1
  14. Brian33

Brian33 Member

• Like x 2
  15. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

16. Kipp

Kipp Member

That is good to hear that there a a lot of flex so that neither break due to a small parking mistake. Thanks for the follow up.

• Like x 1
  17. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

Tony, Really like how your Bracket Looks. Will be watching for more Information. GOOD JOB!!!

• Like x 1
  18. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

Thanks lasdoug! Results are from over a dozen prototypes & refinements. It was evolving almost daily

19. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

Its looks much better above the Grill instead of blocking "I Think".
    Is the "Darknavi" the website you will publish info when available??

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

My apologies, Darknavi is the Member I was replying to. Will post the website link as a reply here, thank you!

• Funny x 1