TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front License Plate Bracket For Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by neptune2000, Dec 12, 2017.

1. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

Thank You, Looking Forward To More Info, Will be watching this Link.

• Like x 1
  2. roblab

roblab Active Member

Just for perspective, in California a front plate is required... and ten percent of all vehicles in the state have no front plate. You may notice in my little picture to the left, neither of my cars has a front plate, nor those before them. I've gotten one warning in twenty years, and he admitted to profiling the Tesla as usually not wearing front plates, which is easy to disprove.

In my experience, officers give no-front-plate tickets to people that look suspicious but they can't figure out what to ticket them for. Driving around and about for years (5 with Tesla, 150+ thousand miles) nobody can come up with a reason to ticket those thousands of drivers breaking the law.

Sorry about Ohio. By the way, the ticket was for $20. How many brackets would I have needed? And how much are they? I daily pass a dozen or so Sheriffs, Highway Patrols, and Police, and all ignore me.

• Like x 1
  3. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

Thank you for your insight. For those that need a front license plate holder and do not prefer the stock Model 3 peel & stick one, there are a few options available out there. Hopefully I can contribute to one of those options.

• Like x 1
  4. atlas310

atlas310 Member

Perhaps you're the norm or the exception, I don't know. My friend has an e36 BMW and has gotten a few tickets for not having the front license plate. A couple of the times, it was when he was just parked in a lot (public lot near a park). He now uses a patch of Velcro and attaches the front plate whenever he parks.

• Like x 1
  5. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

Looking for suggestions for a name, any ideas?
    1) Not-A-Bracket
    2) The Bandit
    3) ________?

6. PIEric

PIEric Member

VEH-5201 :)

• Like x 1
  7. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

I’ll definitely be ordering one of these if the price is right.

• Like x 1
  8. S3XY

S3XY Active Member

NoMar License Plate Bracket
    Touchless LPB
    Model 3 Hover Bracket

I could go on but this will do for now.

• Like x 1
  9. S3XY

S3XY Active Member

Me too.

• Like x 1
  10. AMIYY4YOU

AMIYY4YOU Member

"It's Electric!" LPB

And I too hope it's reasonably priced. The law is unnecessarily and insanely overpriced for what it is so I'm hoping this is a more reasonable alternative.

• Like x 2
  11. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

I think The Law just had a price increase. Note that I am not "mass producing" these, parts are CNC machined, assembled by hand, comes completed, ready to install. Almost ready to go live, pending website authentication / approvals. Thanks to all for your patience.

• Like x 1
  12. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

A price increase on top of what was already extremely overpriced? o_O

• Like x 1
  13. neptune2000

Yep they did. It is now $134.99.

Tesla Model 3 Law

• Like x 1
  14. neptune2000

If you leave your car in a Park&Ride in LA, they will ticket you the same day. Since I do leave my Model S at the Marine station 3 days a week, I had no choice but get The Law for my Model S. Fortunately it is "fixable" ticket.

15. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

Website is online, great appreciation for all your interest and support. Started a small initial production run of about 20, should be ready to ship out in approximately 3 weeks.

Home | 1.9.7.5 Creations

• Like x 4
  16. AMIYY4YOU

AMIYY4YOU Member

Wow, looks nice! I know you put a lot of time and work into this but honestly at this price it's just not worth it to me. I was hoping this would be maximum $60. I'm sure some people will buy it though

• Like x 2
  17. S3XY

S3XY Active Member

Agreed, although I would be okay with $70. So between the price and at least 3 week wait (supposed to get my car in 10 days) I am likely out.

• Like x 1
  18. neptune2000

Yea, TANFL. All the Competitor products are twice Tony's price. You guys crack me up.

• Like x 1
  19. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

Thanks for your feedback and input AMIYY4YOU, S3XY & neptune2000

20. roblab

roblab Active Member

Just giving perspective. Sorry about where you live. But I've been to the LA area, the Phoenix area, the Reno area, and a few others in my un-front-licensed Tesla, and never a ticket. I once put velcro on the front, but since I never used it, I took it off.

Maybe this is another reason people want to stay in the Napa Valley.

• Like x 1