Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Bracket For Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I felt like I could possibly get away without installing the front plate, I would. In my little town, some days it seems Law Enforcement out number the citizens, you cannot go 2 blocks without passing an Officer!!:(

Just for perspective, in California a front plate is required... and ten percent of all vehicles in the state have no front plate. You may notice in my little picture to the left, neither of my cars has a front plate, nor those before them. I've gotten one warning in twenty years, and he admitted to profiling the Tesla as usually not wearing front plates, which is easy to disprove.

In my experience, officers give no-front-plate tickets to people that look suspicious but they can't figure out what to ticket them for. Driving around and about for years (5 with Tesla, 150+ thousand miles) nobody can come up with a reason to ticket those thousands of drivers breaking the law.

Sorry about Ohio. By the way, the ticket was for $20. How many brackets would I have needed? And how much are they? I daily pass a dozen or so Sheriffs, Highway Patrols, and Police, and all ignore me.

Reactions: TonyPham
Just for perspective, in California a front plate is required... and ten percent of all vehicles in the state have no front plate. You may notice in my little picture to the left, neither of my cars has a front plate, nor those before them. I've gotten one warning in twenty years, and he admitted to profiling the Tesla as usually not wearing front plates, which is easy to disprove.

In my experience, officers give no-front-plate tickets to people that look suspicious but they can't figure out what to ticket them for. Driving around and about for years (5 with Tesla, 150+ thousand miles) nobody can come up with a reason to ticket those thousands of drivers breaking the law.

Sorry about Ohio. By the way, the ticket was for $20. How many brackets would I have needed? And how much are they? I daily pass a dozen or so Sheriffs, Highway Patrols, and Police, and all ignore me.

Thank you for your insight. For those that need a front license plate holder and do not prefer the stock Model 3 peel & stick one, there are a few options available out there. Hopefully I can contribute to one of those options.

Reactions: darknavi

Perhaps you're the norm or the exception, I don't know. My friend has an e36 BMW and has gotten a few tickets for not having the front license plate. A couple of the times, it was when he was just parked in a lot (public lot near a park). He now uses a patch of Velcro and attaches the front plate whenever he parks.

If you leave your car in a Park&Ride in LA, they will ticket you the same day. Since I do leave my Model S at the Marine station 3 days a week, I had no choice but get The Law for my Model S. Fortunately it is "fixable" ticket.

Website is online, great appreciation for all your interest and support. Started a small initial production run of about 20, should be ready to ship out in approximately 3 weeks.

Home | 1.9.7.5 Creations
Wow, looks nice! I know you put a lot of time and work into this but honestly at this price it's just not worth it to me. I was hoping this would be maximum $60. I'm sure some people will buy it though

Wow, looks nice! I know you put a lot of time and work into this but honestly at this price it's just not worth it to me. I was hoping this would be maximum $60. I'm sure some people will buy it though
Agreed, although I would be okay with $70. So between the price and at least 3 week wait (supposed to get my car in 10 days) I am likely out.

If you leave your car in a Park&Ride in LA, they will ticket you the same day. Since I do leave my Model S at the Marine station 3 days a week, I had no choice but get The Law for my Model S. Fortunately it is "fixable" ticket.

Just giving perspective. Sorry about where you live. But I've been to the LA area, the Phoenix area, the Reno area, and a few others in my un-front-licensed Tesla, and never a ticket. I once put velcro on the front, but since I never used it, I took it off.

Maybe this is another reason people want to stay in the Napa Valley.