Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Bracket For Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new Model 3, and spent a while going back and forth between the EVAnnex $99 holder and The Bandit. Eventually The Bandit won out; the deciding factor was simply that it is completely removable (no adhesive). The higher positioning is fine, because I have a custom plate that I want to show off :D

Here's a pic of the rear plate; will post a pic of the front once the bracket arrives. Thanks Tony!

ohmnomm_rear.JPG

Decisions... Im thinking of sto n show to just stick on the plate when im parking in SF and remove it when driving around. However, Im getting the black legacy plates and the car might not look all that bad with it on. What kind of velcro are people using to stick on and remove from their car that wouldnt be noticeable on the car when the plate is off?

Additionally, trying to figure out if I want to stick the HOV stickers on some magnets to just slap on the car when I know I'll be driving in the HOV lane (not often at all - maybe once - twice a month). Magnets were suggested by someone in a different thread, has anyone tried that and how strong is it?

Decisions... Im thinking of sto n show to just stick on the plate when im parking in SF and remove it when driving around. However, Im getting the black legacy plates and the car might not look all that bad with it on. What kind of velcro are people using to stick on and remove from their car that wouldnt be noticeable on the car when the plate is off?

Additionally, trying to figure out if I want to stick the HOV stickers on some magnets to just slap on the car when I know I'll be driving in the HOV lane (not often at all - maybe once - twice a month). Magnets were suggested by someone in a different thread, has anyone tried that and how strong is it?
I got Sto N Sho to have it as low as I can as to preserve as much of the front end as possible. Unfortunately NY isn't as forgiving when it comes to front plates compared to Cali.

I got Sto N Sho to have it as low as I can as to preserve as much of the front end as possible. Unfortunately NY isn't as forgiving when it comes to front plates compared to Cali.
thanks for posting about your experience. Can you take a picture of your plate on the sto N sho? Black out the Plate #s of course. Did you put it above the vent or below it?

I was hoping to put it above the vents like they have it with the Model X:

STO N SHO for 2016-2017 Tesla Model X | ForMyTesla.com

Last edited:
thanks for posting about your experience. Can you take a picture of your plate on the sto N sho? Black out the Plate #s of course. Did you put it above the vent or below it?

I was hoping to put it above the vents like they have it with the Model X:

STO N SHO for 2016-2017 Tesla Model X | ForMyTesla.com
Will post when I can, just got VIN and ISA contact today. :cool:
Not too much longer I hope.

I've been considering all of the options mentioned in this blog, but have a hard time shelling out that kind of cheddar for a simple license plate bracket.

I'm using the black CA legacy plates which, on a silver metallic bumper, shouldn't look too bad. So I'm considering mounting the OEM adhesive license plate bracket mount to the bumper. Problem is I already have clear bra installed on the bumper - so I'm considering placing a second layer of PPF on which to mount the adhesive bracket. Does anyone have any thoughts on this possible solution?

Reactions: TonyPham
Yes, they do provide a front plate mount.
I had Tesla People put it on my model 3 when I took deliver in Dallas in may. Its required in Texas. Would be nice if we can make a vinyl license plate and stick that on the front end instead of the actual plate. In Texas they are no longer going to switch out plates for new ones every 7 years. So vinyl would work out great.