Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Bracket For Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been considering all of the options mentioned in this blog, but have a hard time shelling out that kind of cheddar for a simple license plate bracket.

I'm using the black CA legacy plates which, on a silver metallic bumper, shouldn't look too bad. So I'm considering mounting the OEM adhesive license plate bracket mount to the bumper. Problem is I already have clear bra installed on the bumper - so I'm considering placing a second layer of PPF on which to mount the adhesive bracket. Does anyone have any thoughts on this possible solution?
My car is wrapped so I bought this bracket. It's "only" $50. Although I haven't installed it yet as I really hate to ruin the look of the front of the car. I'll have to soon though as my luck is sure to run out.

Reactions: Asad1087
@CatB Lower mount would have been much easier to design & build, but did not want to cover the cooling louvers used for battery thermal management. (The entire vent is approximately 70 square inches)
Please reconsider for a future version. Almost all others place it in that position and I have not heard of anyone having any issues.

Someone please let me know if I am misinformed, I and many other have bought brackets that do sit in front.

@Asad1087, thanks for the suggestion. Spoke to a battery engineer that actually works on Model 3 2170 cells at the Gigafactory. He mentioned that my 1st prototype below is not a good idea and specifically said that "Batteries need to be cooled to preserve their life."

IMG_2005.jpg

@Asad1087, thanks for the suggestion. Spoke to a battery engineer that actually works on Model 3 2170 cells at the Gigafactory. He mentioned that my 1st prototype below is not a good idea and specifically said that "Batteries need to be cooled to preserve their life."

View attachment 304732
Thanks for letting me/us know. I will be reevaluating my decision based on this information.

I ordered the Universal Front License Plate Bracket that is removable and no drill and its great! It uses some strong 3M adhesive that you have to let sit and cure for 24-48 hours.

Takes about 10 seconds to put on and 5 seconds to take off. I'll likely just put it on when Im parking on public streets since thats where they usually get you

The only thing is that I wish the plate bracket was higher, so it wont cover any part of the vent. This is better than most others though. When the plate is off, the bracket is barely noticeable.

https://imgur.com/a/9LMvaHi

Hey ranova,

Thanks for posting this. Looks like a great solution. I am hesitant about these brackets that cover the vent. Yours looks fine.

I must be dense, but it's not clear to me how this attaches. Does the bracket tape onto the underside of the front bumper? And then there is a removable nut that can be screwed on and off?

The Model 3 bumper is slanted a bit. Did you have to bend the bracket to have the license plate fit vertically?

Have you tried to pry it off? You don't think there is a chance this could come off on the highway after some time? Lots of vibration over time has to have an impact on the ability of the tape to hold, no?

Reactions: TonyPham