Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed mine much lower 1/4” above the lower sharp bend. The vinyl plate sits roughly 1/2” above where the plate would be using the factory mount. I verified autopilot operation on a test drive in accordance with the vendor’s installation instructions. Verified that the radar can see under the car to the car ahead. It is a wonderful product.

View attachment 607158

can you also post a close up of wrap directly in front of it?

If you are back from Hawaii, a picture of correct location would be appreciated.
This is the new location, perfect spot as there is no issues with the Radar.

7F58ABA5-A35C-40A4-8991-11884C03D273.jpeg

I have had my Model Y since March 9th (2021) and I noticed the dealer installed front license plate bracket sliding down on the right side. So before it falls off completely I removed it and after some pains taking effort mounted the bracket with Alien Tape. It seems pretty stable right now. It is disappointing that a car that costs this much does not have a real solution for owners in states that require a front plate.

I have had my Model Y since March 9th (2021) and I noticed the dealer installed front license plate bracket sliding down on the right side. So before it falls off completely I removed it and after some pains taking effort mounted the bracket with Alien Tape. It seems pretty stable right now. It is disappointing that a car that costs this much does not have a real solution for owners in states that require a front plate.
The bracket works fine, but it does take care to apply it properly. I'm not sure why you feel it's not a "solution."

Got my car in September 2020. Plate fell off today. Thankfully I was visiting someone and they looked out the window and said, "Your license plate is falling off". When I left, I put my hand on it to see if was just askew and it came off in my hand, which, since it is a custom plate, is better than on the highway.

We figure the steady temps below 0F and then 5 - 10F in the garage helped speed up the failing of the tape.

On the other hand, I paid how much for a car without a license plate holder that doesn't fall off? (It doesn't help that today was a no-heat day for me as well.)

We're putting in a service request to Tesla about the license plate.