TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front License Plate Frame

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bone man, May 10, 2019.

1. bone man

bone man Member

Debated with myself a long time whether or not to place a front license plate. Kind of bland looking front end without yet the Model 3’s I have seen with unembellished front plate did not look right either. I came to the conclusion that an appropriated license plate frame was needed. There a a slight curve to the front bumper and the OEM Model 3 frame is too big to fit properly. I found this “4 hole wide bottom polished stainless steel” frame that fits great Just need to slightly bend to match curve of OEM license plate mount. Easy. I used m4 1/2” stainless steel pan head screws and m5 stainless steel washers. The screws that come with the frame are too long and the OEM screws are too short.

I like polished stainless steel on a white car but black would look nice with other colors.

Polished Stainless Steel 4-Hole Wide Bottom Polished Stainless Steel License Frames - Polished License Plate Frames
    Black 4-Hole Wide Bottom Black Stainless Steel License Frames - BLACK license plate frames

Best of all, Made in USA just like my car!

IMG_2681.jpg

• Like x 1
  2. vnxs

vnxs Member

Thanks for sharing this, I've also thought that a simple polished frame may look nicer than the standard frameless one. I'm still waiting on my plates, but I'll probably give this a try.

• Like x 1
  3. bone man

bone man Member

Better picture.
    Plate.jpg

• Like x 3
  4. vnxs

vnxs Member

Thanks, it looks real nice. I also think the front looks a bit plain to begin with so the additional chrome accent provided by the frame is an improvement IMO.

• Like x 1
  5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

• Like x 1
  6. puckpurnell

puckpurnell Member

FEEED79F-C2BA-4890-A5A5-55C45B856D94.jpeg
    Yeah, a bit of a bland bow on this beautiful boat. I got The Bandit stand off license plate holder. Excellent addition. My choice of frame was gold with my Navy wings, gold on blue.

• Like x 4