Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate holder

RayK

Apr 5, 2016
San Jose, CA
Assuming you are looking at something other than the factory frame, then my suggestion is The Bandit. Expensive at $100, it does what it's supposed to do and IMO looks good. It doesn't stick to the bumper (i.e., no double-sided tape), it bolts to the grill under the bumper and doesn't interfere with any of the sensors.

It doesn't bolt to the underside of the bumper, where it would decrease the amount of space you have for clearing curbs and parking lot cement blocks.

ref: Model 3 Front License Plate Bracket DIY

Last edited:

MJP.P3D-

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2016
Texas
One vote for SnapPlate — very happy with mine. And no, I don’t have any affiliation with LivingTesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: Char

puckpurnell

Dec 15, 2018
Connecticut
Assuming you are looking at something other than the factory frame, then my suggestion is The Bandit. Expensive at $100, it does what it's supposed to do and IMO looks good. It doesn't stick to the bumper (i.e., no double-sided tape), it bolts to the grill under the bumper and doesn't interfere with any of the sensors.

It doesn't bolt to the underside of the bumper, where it would decrease the amount of space you have for clearing curbs and parking lot cement blocks.

ref: Model 3 Front License Plate Bracket DIY

Yes, The Bandit is terrific. Easy installation. Doesn’t touch the frame. Doesn’t block the air intake. Have had it for 10 months. No problems. Expensive? Maybe. But, it’s excellent.

focher

Oct 15, 2013
Bay Area
If you’re in California, this looks slick:

https://licenseplatewrap.com/

Agree!

EE851153-3554-45D9-9D76-8AB1B4BFDA32.jpeg

Reactions: Vaillant

Manhattaninoc

Nov 2, 2019
Orange County
Add me to the OttoSteer magnetic fans. Originally bought the non magnetic OttoSteer and went back for the magnetic. Easy install using the OEM plate. I like the fact that it sits more flush than the others out there so if I accidentally hit something my bumper won’t get any dings

Reactions: OutofPocket

MarkBrokeIt

Apr 21, 2018
Seattle
All of these options attach to the thin pieces of the grille. I'm worried that these pieces can easily snap.

Any brackets that connect to just the top/bottom of the opening?

True Brit

Dec 6, 2018
SoCal
Stock...why not?

Trying to think if I would ever want no front plate on this car? Nope, looks like it got punched in the face with that big frontal plane and not plate breaking up the space. I do not believe I will get one dollar more if I sell it without the factory plate holder in place? Never going to happen.

Perhaps a plate holder blocking the bottom grill? Why? Does it look better with the plate down lower? Nope again, I will assume the grill is there for a reason.

To each their own.

Well maybe...how about a retractable?

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC