Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate holder.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YES !

I actually put in an order and then told them to hold it. I have a dark silver car and decided to change by default California provided plate for the black legacy plate. Sent them a photo and was filled and to me in under two weeks.

HIGHLY recommend !
I really like this option. What happens when the pilot ends in Jan ‘21? Do you need to remove and replace with regular tag or keep it because you get it prior to pilot end date?

Quick Bandit FTW!
I made a quick clip of mounting and removing it.
Login • Instagram

I did quite a bit of research on this and there are pretty much 3 similar products.
at first, I was quite set on snap plate, then i saw the ottosteer magnetic, then decided on quick bandit due to it checking off all the important points for ME (I understand some of the points I listed may not apply to you)
I am in no way affiliated with Quick Bandit, or getting paid etc. (though I wouldn't mind lol)

Snap Plate - $119SnapPlate Model Y Front License Plate Mount by LivingTesla
PROS: mount/removal in seconds
leaves nothing attached to grill when removed
piece that holds your plate snaps off is there's too much pressure instead of breaking your grill
makes no contact with front bumper / leaves enough space to clean the bumper surface behind your LP holder

CONS: not as durable 3d printed material
piece that holds your plate snaps off if there's too much pressure. resulting in having to order another plate mount and/or ordering a new plate from DMV

Ottosteer magnetic - $94.95 (apparently the 3 works on the Y as well)
OttoStick Tesla Model 3 Magnetic Front License Plate Holder
PROS: strong magnetic mount/removal in seconds
made of pretty sturdy/durable materials
utilizes your OEM LP mount

CONS: LP sits right against your front bumper with some felt that helps reduces scratches, but a great place for dirt and other debris to build up
magnetic mount is attached to your lower grill even when you remove your plate mount magnetically

Quick Bandit $129 + 10% discount code: TMC https://www.1975creations.com/product-page/copy-of-quick-bandit-model-3-license-plate-mount
thiccc durable/sturdy feeling CNC materials
makes no contact with front bumper / leaves enough space to clean the bumper surface behind your LP holder

CONS: pricier than the other 2

******all 3 of these products have security security screws to make it more permanent.

Quick Bandit FTW!
I made a quick clip of mounting and removing it.
Login • Instagram

I did quite a bit of research on this and there are pretty much 3 similar products.
at first, I was quite set on snap plate, then i saw the ottosteer magnetic, then decided on quick bandit due to it checking off all the important points for ME (I understand some of the points I listed may not apply to you)
I am in no way affiliated with Quick Bandit, or getting paid etc. (though I wouldn't mind lol)

piece that holds your plate snaps off is there's too much pressure instead of breaking your grill

piece that holds your plate snaps off if there's too much pressure. resulting in having to order another plate mount and/or ordering a new plate from DMV

Ottosteer magnetic - $94.95 (apparently the 3 works on the Y as well)
OttoStick Tesla Model 3 Magnetic Front License Plate Holder
PROS: strong magnetic mount/removal in seconds
made of pretty sturdy/durable materials
utilizes your OEM LP mount

CONS: LP sits right against your front bumper with some felt that helps reduces scratches, but a great place for dirt and other debris to build up
magnetic mount is attached to your lower grill even when you remove your plate mount magnetically

Quick Bandit $129 + 10% discount code: TMC https://www.1975creations.com/product-page/copy-of-quick-bandit-model-3-license-plate-mount
thiccc durable/sturdy feeling CNC materials

CONS: pricier than the other 2

******all 3 of these products have security security screws to make it more permanent.
Appreciate the review! Admire your attention to detail, thanks!

I really like this option. What happens when the pilot ends in Jan ‘21? Do you need to remove and replace with regular tag or keep it because you get it prior to pilot end date?

have to go through the fine print. Pretty sure you’re grandfathered in. Cost in almost nothing and if you need to mount a physical plate deal with it when it happens. Car looks so much nicer and keeps the body lines.

Plus it’s less of a laser target.

Thanks for the shout out and review! You're absolutely correct that the SnapPlate is designed to break before you vehicles grille does.

The break away is an intentional design feature to protect your vehicle rather than license plate mount. The break away part is a cheap replaceable Plate Mount for only $15. We made a version, and have offered it to folks, that is much stronger without the break away feature. After explaining the con of a rigid mount, all have turned it down in favor of protecting their vehicle over the risk of a few hundred dollar vehicle repair at minimum.

Here's more info on this feature:

Also SnapPlate is available at a discount to TMC users with coupon code TMC10 for all models (S/3/X/Y) and plate mount configurations (US/EU/OZ). Expires 7/31/2020

Reactions: decrypt
My Snap plate fell off. Whole thing, plate too, gone. It was on fine for almost 2 months but sometime in my travels yesterday it fell off. I thought someone stole it at first but there was nothing on sentry cams. I’m hoping for a replacement, I’ve emailed Living Tesla.

Reactions: Electric Steve
My Snap plate fell off. Whole thing, plate too, gone. It was on fine for almost 2 months but sometime in my travels yesterday it fell off. I thought someone stole it at first but there was nothing on sentry cams. I’m hoping for a replacement, I’ve emailed Living Tesla.

Wow! LivingTesla responded quickly and I can happily say I will continue to be their customer. Well done and thank you!

Reactions: TonyPham
57F88490-A218-4C9C-BA1C-EBF7D3124A73.jpeg

Thatgrin.com has a model Y plate holder that we used!

Attachments

• C15D1B75-40EE-4FB7-A754-BA1CC8FF6CD6.jpeg
    C15D1B75-40EE-4FB7-A754-BA1CC8FF6CD6.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 66