Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going with this option once I actually get the Y and license plates: https://licenseplatewrap.com/
Have that and very happy about it. Make sure you don't mount it too high as it will block the radar if you do.

BTW: the CA law allowing this as a pilot expired on January 1, 2021. Not sure what the legal status is (or how they can still sell these) at the moment. Their website hasn't been updated for a long time. Anyway thousands of vehicles without any front license plate here so you won't get a ticket.

Have that and very happy about it. Make sure you don't mount it too high as it will block the radar if you do.

BTW: the CA law allowing this as a pilot expired on January 1, 2021. Not sure what the legal status is (or how they can still sell these) at the moment. Their website hasn't been updated for a long time. Anyway thousands of vehicles without any front license plate here so you won't get a ticket.
Thanks for the heads up. Is the location of the radar sensor obvious? I'm asking because we're waiting on our Y order.

Frank and all,
I reached out to the licenseplatewrap.com people about the expired pilot test and they got back to me with this reply:
Good Afternoon Reid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The pilot program has been extended to Jan 1, 2023 and the DMV of Sacramento is writing up the document. Once we receive it, we will upload it on our website www.licenseplatewrap.com

Here the link to the Senate Bill 2285 extending the pilot program (item #2)

Bill Text - AB-2285 Transportation.