Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate holder

Ahhhz

Sep 2, 2021
Hawaii
I like the platypus- mounts to your tow hook and is on the side which everyone knows makes you cooler
A8DF6B70-735A-48D8-A379-6DC384CAFF86.jpeg

rpratt

Jan 11, 2020
SF Bay Area
I used the Tesla provided adhesive mount for two years with no problems, I’d go with that unless you really don’t want to stick the front plate holder on permanently. The 3M adhesive involved is equivalent to one cyclists have used for years to glue on tubular tires, which I promise have to deal with a lot more sideways force than a license plate holder.

Reactions: pipp
In CA its mandatory to install front license plate. My Model Y got delivered in Sept/2021 and I was waiting to receive the license plate holder and in the mean time I got violation ticket from Patrol. I would need to submit the proof of front license plate after I fix front license plate. Sure, you can be lucky for years in CA without having one. But front license plate is required in CA.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC