Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It wouldn't be legal for Tesla to omit the plate holder. Check your frunk or sub-trunk, sometimes it can be hard to find. Or perhaps they left it on the floor and it slid under one of the seats.
That may be true in California (especially now that temporary tags are mandatory off the lot), but then not necessarily all states. There is a possibility they don't include it in those states.

Don’t bother. If some cop with nothing better to do really wants to give me a hard time about no front plate then fine. I’ll pay the fine and keep right on not bothering. I’m not putting in extra effort or expense to give the revenue patrol a nice big reflective target to shoot speed laser off of (which is the real reason for a front plate requirement). I don’t really speed anyway but why chance it?

They look awful as well and I’m sure there’s at least some kind of mileage penalty for the messed-up aerodynamics as well. So I’m helping to be more green by omitting it and not complying. :)

Anybody use TesFram license plate holder? If so how was it? I read the specs and it is made out of lighweight aluminum unlike the Snap Plate brand which is only 3D printed
I like the design of snapplate but its only 3D print.View attachment 849728View attachment 849729
Ordered one - will report back on how it is. Though I don’t have any of the other ones for comparison. Surprisingly nothing on YouTube.

Reactions: v2m3
I got my new Model 3 a month ago, and just got my CA license plates yesterday. I already put on the rear license plate, but am surprised there are no holes in the front bumper to screw on the front license plate.

Instead, the car came with a front license plate holder that one is supposed to stick onto the front bumper with adhesive, and then screw the license plate onto that holder.

That seems rather flimsy to me. Adhesive does not always stick forever. I am afraid it will fall off, or that someone might pull it off?

What are people's experiences with that front license plate holder? Any suggestions for putting it on? Has anyone had problems with it? Does it stay on, in all weather conditions?

Thanks in advance.
I got a CA MVD approved vinyl plate here.

Ordered one - will report back on how it is. Though I don’t have any of the other ones for comparison. Surprisingly nothing on YouTube.
Received the holder today, haven't mounted it yet as I don't have my license plate from the DMV. Initial impressions are that this thing feels quality AF. Body is all aluminum, top half of mounting arms are ABS (I think), and packaging was really well thought out. Some pics of the unboxing attached.

Attachments

• IMG_8602.jpeg
    IMG_8602.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_8603.jpeg
    IMG_8603.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8604.jpeg
    IMG_8604.jpeg
    477 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8605.jpeg
    IMG_8605.jpeg
    496.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8606.jpeg
    IMG_8606.jpeg
    480.5 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: Cypcode
Received the holder today, haven't mounted it yet as I don't have my license plate from the DMV. Initial impressions are that this thing feels quality AF. Body is all aluminum, top half of mounting arms are ABS (I think), and packaging was really well thought out. Some pics of the unboxing attached.
Where can I get this, How does it look when installed on your car?

Less is more with all these front license plate holders.

Keep the OE bracket and use one of the kits available on Etsy, eBay, Amazon to relocate down, avoid tape, glue, any drilling.

Holds up perfect through winter storms, hurriances, automatic car washes, power washers, etc.

Less is more with all these front license plate holders.

Keep the OE bracket and use one of the kits available on Etsy, eBay, Amazon to relocate down, avoid tape, glue, any drilling.

Holds up perfect through winter storms, hurriances, automatic car washes, power washers, etc.

This looks like a great solution