Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FRONT LICENSE PLATE IN BAY AREA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting one of the "sticker" ones. Waiting on my legacy plates, then will apply for the sticker plate for the front.

Tested by the California Highway Patrol of Sacramento

Digging more into this since I've never heard about it before, I'm not sure it's legit. Can someone who has it already confirm? Website looks kinda shady and there's no official endorsement by the DMV anywhere on the site or the DMV's site. Only thing I found were the legislative bills referenced, and those never mentioned a 3rd party only that they will be issued by "the department".

Although front plates don't look bad on the 3, I'll put it on when I get that fix- it ticket. Until then, I'm keeping it bare in the front. I think the highest chance of getting one is from the meter maids while parking in the streets of SF. That's something I rarely do.

Digging more into this since I've never heard about it before, I'm not sure it's legit. Can someone who has it already confirm? Website looks kinda shady and there's no official endorsement by the DMV anywhere on the site or the DMV's site. Only thing I found were the legislative bills referenced, and those never mentioned a 3rd party only that they will be issued by "the department".

This person reported it worked and they got a letter from the DMV.
Ticketing for no front plate in Santa Monica and stick-on front plate option

• Helpful
Reactions: Sherlo
got popped yesterday, Sunday May 19th - tinted front windows and no plate. He didn't write me up on the license plate, but did on the tint and he encouraged me to add the plate. I'm hosed as he sits on HW49 up in Auburn CA and will start to get me all the time if I don't get them resolved.

No paper plates? I thought all new cars came with them, and that metal plates had to be delivered to the new owner by the DMV (which takes time).
That announcement was referring to the dealer advertisement paper "plates", not the new DMV issued temporary paper license plates with numbers.

By the way, that original Contra Costa post had nothing to do with front plate enforcement. It was enforcement that the new temporary DMV paper plates are on the car.

That announcement was referring to the dealer advertisement paper "plates", not the new DMV issued temporary paper license plates with numbers.

By the way, that original Contra Costa post had nothing to do with front plate enforcement. It was enforcement that the new temporary DMV paper plates are on the car.
I read somewhere CHP is stepping up enforcement of two plates. Don't recall exactly where I read it.

Although front plates don't look bad on the 3, I'll put it on when I get that fix- it ticket. Until then, I'm keeping it bare in the front. I think the highest chance of getting one is from the meter maids while parking in the streets of SF. That's something I rarely do.

This is what the wife and I decided as well. We're going to wait until one of us gets ticketed for not having the front plate before we put it on. So far so good *knocks on wood*.

Got pulled over in Irvine (O.C - SoCal) for tint and no front plate. It is $50 if I get it signed off or ~$350 if I just pay. But they got my plate number wrong (off by one digit) so idk if I have to respond to it.

I do not understand AT ALL the resistance of some to put proper identification on vehicles as required by law. Are they so vain? Why invite unwelcome attention? The excuse, " it spoils the looks " is lame. The disregard of the law about the plates is in the same league as those that break the rear windows. You deserve each other.
Just like "Taliban makes a Law that no girls are allowed to be educated" Laws in general are not always valid.