Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FRONT LICENSE PLATE IN BAY AREA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got ticketed yesterday for holding cellphone and no front plates on san Mateo bridge :(
Cop was more interested in the car- asked about how I maintain the white interior and the matte wrap, I thought he may just warn me and let me go. Ended up getting cited for 2 things.
How can you tell if it is a fix it ticket or a fine?

Got ticketed yesterday for holding cellphone and no front plates on san Mateo bridge :(
Cop was more interested in the car- asked about how I maintain the white interior and the matte wrap, I thought he may just warn me and let me go. Ended up getting cited for 2 things.

Don't know if the cellphone is a fix-it ticket. The front plate should be. Maybe mount the plate and go visit your local LEO (your local police station) and ask.

Front plates should be a fix it ticket but the cellphone violation is permanent, at least that what I've been told when I got the same ticket years ago. Basically the fines get bigger if you get caught again. While the fine was like $20, I think I paid close to $200 after all the fees were added back then.