Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For states that require front license plates how are people attaching the plates without drilling holes or using double sided tape. I saw one on ebay anyone have any feedback or recommendations.

Tesla Model 3 NO HOLE / NON STICK license plate hardware BLACK Stainless NO RUST | eBay

No-Hole Tesla Model 3 Front License Plate Installation kit | eBay
The first solution requires drilling holes. I use suction cups. It works great.

hOxdjy6f7mZ4A1-q2hZHnUwX0xNJj5egmBRiYV7bvJ0HsWJFPSUyMq8apDuja_GYolPwCXk79fxeM_6xEzDYXQeKe4MLnRS75Eofpf9RQ5jsTbJc6PajQ-UnxPbB3AtBUVhQEYLJL2T4lPZA2EKMEOY_iRK5_jffBmdYBwQtcm3Ey2VE0K9m7T_Tik7F9TQrw_eJqGVa8B31MPy5yJHgVA7ONAVSF1VLJ7hHwf7grNIF4z71j5gIwUxWboFq8IW6ZAFhEEOkxw6rSXtiBx1uDvfgaLxJYU2HNrfsifvz2avFjbanLw6R1tQTX6Rvf-nsH-Lu16sQgE3cbpsJvJ4CDNfkUbCoREhbC6uauTv4w-ED0-jgRhxamxGnSJIM3bo0_FzucHxwNEQC6OURujVhWqS5lJsd_RrbSCLgu26hZgblxC4VrZjbOVM5gItNsE-OyyUyfbpvxmjF-XbmhaxSLdQyL-7FbLFW5r5vbKi_1h5IA2StlNRkJiZ73GyS8EzXq3edJVO4-0Jp3zeqYn85UffeR7K3ZGzETCAldqWbpNBpWX95Vpoo9gC4RvZ4nTmRRvUvdTunWwMIijzt3K4bteFaMH-_3xOgnCx_l-6MnizYc58tMoUuDJryHGb0HJBy=w1824-h1025-no

When I picked up my car they handed me a frame with 3M adhesive on it for my front plate. I told them I had no intention of ever putting it on and he just laughed and said most don't. Illinois requires a front plate but it's very loosely enforced.

My concern with all these contraptions is that the grill (and perhaps even the shutter mechanism) inside the air intake is likely to get damaged if some grandma backs into your car while parallel parking. That could get expensive. Ideally I would like Tesla to place some mounting holes invisibly on the underside of the nose, but I don't think their adhesive mounts are bad. They are not hard to remove if necessary, and it won't damage the paint if you're a bit careful.

Check out the Slipstream Bracket™ NO-drilling, NO-holes and NO-adhesives front license plate mounting solution. It is a quick-release product that locks securely into place using a single included L-key tool. It does not block any part of the air intake and has a built-in mechanism designed to protect the grille from damage in the event someone backs into you. TMC members be sure to use the coupon code TMC15 when you check out.

Slipstream Bracket for Tesla Model 3

Nothing necessarily "wrong" with the plastic stick-on piece that comes with the car. It just doesn't give you the flexibility to attach it when needed and remove it when desired (like for car washes, cars with paint protection film, etc.) The Slipstream Bracket is different from the other $100+ aftermarket solutions. It is made from a stronger, rust proof aircraft-grade aluminum (not plastic) and stainless steel locking fasteners. It is, by far, the easiest to install or remove - on demand in about 30 seconds - and requires one L-key tool to lock it securely in place. It can support the weight of a license plate, a license plate frame, an acrylic cover, a toll transponder and a buildup of ice without the worry of it damaging the plastic grille or having the bracket fall off altogether. If you make the choice to stick the $20 piece of included plastic on the front of your $50,000.00 plus Tesla, just be sure to strip away the wax they put there when they detailed it. Otherwise, that sticky tape isn't going to hold very well and you're probably going to lose your front plate just like our friends did in their Tesla.