TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front License plate mount on TM3

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Ozarn, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Ozarn

Ozarn Member

Hi guys,
    Happy Thanksgiving! hope everyone is having a great day.

I installed front license plate mount yesterday, DIY way. Do you think this will have an effect on battery cooling? Any impact on airflow? I drove it yesterday just fine without any issues or sensors acting up. IMHO It does look better than how Tesla intended it but I want to make sure there is no negative impact.

Thanks & Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Avid

Avid Member

I would think that has less stress on the plastic louver than some that hand off the louver, and looks fine too. As far as air flow, there is some disruption no doubt, but to what extend it will affect cooling is difficult to say as is most areas are going into winter.

3. mspurplepurl

mspurplepurl First car and first EV.

@Ozarn what type of brackets did you use to grip the grill?

4. Ozarn

Ozarn Member

I used stainless steel toggle bolt.

5. Kbra

Kbra Member

#5 Kbra, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    If you need a license plate sometimes but want the ability to quickly remove it and keep the clean front end I'd recommend trying this removable mount. https://amzn.to/2ScVLk2
    61heOgExeFL._SL1000_.jpg

6. Kbra

Kbra Member

There's also this one to relocate it to the tow hook area. Only thing with this one is that you have to play with it to get it positioned not to both the front sensors. Depends what you're going for I guess. https://amzn.to/2S6N62w 61OZ6AL44oL._SL1000_.jpg

7. mspurplepurl

mspurplepurl First car and first EV.

So simple. Love it. Heading to Lowes in a few to grab some along with weather stripping to protect where the frame meets the car and some cleaning supplies.