Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why the hesitation to drill holes for the license plate mount? Resale value? That seems absurd because it won’t have any measurable impact. Instead people look for ways to avoid drilling holes so they can drive around with an asymmetrical and/or unattractive solution while they actually own the car. A drilled mount is undeniably more attractive, so it makes zero sense to me

Another really worth checking into is the new Slipstream Bracket. It is the easiest and fastest to install or remove - on demand. Plus, it does not block airflow like competing products, it directs wind force and road vibration away from the delicate plastic grille and it only requires one L-key tool (included in the kit) to install and lock it into place.

Slipstream Bracket™ NO-drill, NO-holes, NO-adhesives, NO-magnets Front License Plate Mounting Solution for Model X and Model 3

wow, $160 for a front plate mount.

• Funny
Reactions: CovertADV
wow, $160 for a front plate mount.
Thanks for taking a look! Yes, that is the suggested retail price given the higher quality materials we use to make them. However, I do offer a discount code to TMC members who are interested in purchasing one for their Tesla Model X or Model 3. Plus, the Slipstream Bracket comes with FREE shipping and a satisfaction guarantee or your money back.

Being driving in Orange County for 5+ years now with out a front plate. Never once been pull over. Drove for 8 months without any plates and never got pulled over. Cops in the OC don't seem to care.
I've spent a lot of time in the OC over the past several years and have noticed the same. And the degree of law enforcement does vary significantly across the country. However, as government agencies continue to adopt ALPR's (Automated License Plate Readers), the significance of having a front license plate has now become more important to them. As a result, the enforcement of the front license plate laws is increasing. In Denver, Colorado, for example, the parking meter maids are issuing tickets for no front license plates. They are doing this using ALPR's. It's a guarantee - park downtown and you WILL get a ticket for failure to display a front license plate. Five years ago, this wasn't the case. This same electronic enforcement is also being seen in numerous other cities across the country and is expanding rapidly.

Thanks for taking a look! Yes, that is the suggested retail price given the higher quality materials we use to make them. However, I do offer a discount code to TMC members who are interested in purchasing one for their Tesla Model X or Model 3. Plus, the Slipstream Bracket comes with FREE shipping and a satisfaction guarantee or your money back.

Looks like an interesting design. What kind of discount do you offer to forum members? TIA

I've spent a lot of time in the OC over the past several years and have noticed the same. And the degree of law enforcement does vary significantly across the country. However, as government agencies continue to adopt ALPR's (Automated License Plate Readers), the significance of having a front license plate has now become more important to them. As a result, the enforcement of the front license plate laws is increasing. In Denver, Colorado, for example, the parking meter maids are issuing tickets for no front license plates. They are doing this using ALPR's. It's a guarantee - park downtown and you WILL get a ticket for failure to display a front license plate. Five years ago, this wasn't the case. This same electronic enforcement is also being seen in numerous other cities across the country and is expanding rapidly.

Just wondering: Why don't the meter maids read the rear plate? Or is the fact that there are a quite a few cars without front plates a revenue source for the municipalities concerned?

I think they prefer the term Parking Enforcement Officers. And reading the rear plate is likely how they do get the tag number in order to write the ticket for meter expiration or parking violations. But if the city has a statute that requires front plates, PEO are simply enforcing what they find. Yes, I guess cities consider parking enforcement as a revenue source, just like violators consider the money they pay in fines as punishment for no obeying the rules. Parking enforcement balances the use of parking resources and insure people share parking and such. I think we are simply lucky when police officers don't pull us over and write us up for missing front plate. My state/city requires the front plate. But I have not had one on my S now for almost six years. When I am caught, I'm wrong. I will pay the fine, put one on there temporarily and later remove it.

Ever watch Parking Wars on FYI channel? Its a hoot.