Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
here's what it looks like in Illinois. The Westmont, IL service center put it on for me.

Attachments

• IMG_7861 (1).jpg
    IMG_7861 (1).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
  • Informative
Reactions: F_T_K
Did they change something recently?

Not sure about that... However, the first time I applied it was rejected and I had to send a scan of my current registration. I think that may have been something to do with my 'Ham Radio' call sign plate. Shortly thereafter I received my new vinyl plate in the mail. I have to keep a copy of the DMV letter with the car and remove the plate should I ever sell it.

r

w6fgtoo.jpg

Not sure about that... However, the first time I applied it was rejected and I had to send a scan of my current registration. I think that may have been something to do with my 'Ham Radio' call sign plate. Shortly thereafter I received my new vinyl plate in the mail. I have to keep a copy of the DMV letter with the car and remove the plate should I ever sell it.

r

View attachment 552254
I think it would look good on my white car. I just used the factory mount.... It did save me once though when the car in front of me tossed up a tire tread at my bumper in the carpool lane (well it broke a bit of the grill underneath but it's not noticeable so I just plastic welded it), and it popped some bumper clips out of place. But the license plate took the brunt of the impact (only attached by 1/2 the tape now).

Reactions: radiocycle
I'm digging my new front plate attachment! :)

View attachment 552236

r

View attachment 552254
I have one for my new car coming Saturday. Custom License Plates. It’s perfect.

Reactions: radiocycle
When I was Supercharging in Limon, CO last December, I met a fellow Tesla owner from Texas. He didn't have a front plate but had scanned his plate in and then had a sticker made out of it. He then put that on the front bumper. It was a good compromise between no plate and having a front plate...but I wonder if it would legally fill the "front plate" requirement or if it could lead to different fines or warnings.

I did a quick search and found this: Jay Racing Front License Plate Sticker - Ohio [FLS-OH] - $40.00 : Jay Racing
License%20Plate%20Sticker3.JPG
Starting July 1, Ohio will no longer require front license plates.