Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Lights Stay On (Faint) - Normal?

optize

Dec 15, 2017
Arizona
The outer shell of the lights (screenshot added with an arror) stay on, but it's very faint... I only can notice when I walk into my pitch dark garage.. I tried to take a picture but it was too dark.

Is it normal for those to stay on?

Attachments

• USC70TSC024B021001.jpg
    USC70TSC024B021001.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 31

Chris P

Apr 9, 2016
Illinois
The outer shell of the lights (screenshot added with an arror) stay on, but it's very faint... I only can notice when I walk into my pitch dark garage.. I tried to take a picture but it was too dark.

Is it normal for those to stay on?

It’s not normal. I had a mobile service technician out for something else and mentioned it to him. He had never seen it and did some research and he said it’s a known issue that will be addressed in a software update.

Reactions: optize

optize

Dec 15, 2017
Arizona
It’s not normal. I had a mobile service technician out for something else and mentioned it to him. He had never seen it and did some research and he said it’s a known issue that will be addressed in a software update.

Thanks! Mine goes into the shop next week for excessive battery drain, will bring that up too.

thenaimis

Former Tesla Cheerleader
Sep 26, 2016
Texas
I was told this, too. Years ago. I'm not going to hold my breath. Frankly, I think any time something goes wrong with the car, the service center is supposed to say it's a software issue that will be fixed in a later update.

optize

Dec 15, 2017
Arizona
Doing more testing today on it, when my car is asleep, those lights go off. If I wake up the car by logging into the tesla app, those faint lights turn on.

• Informative
Reactions: Chris P

optize

Dec 15, 2017
Arizona
Wanted to provide an update - went to the service center today and they said "While the vehicle isn't sleeping, the daytime running lights will remain dim, this is normal"

/shrug

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC