Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front motor disabled and more! Weeee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 M3LR
Wife was shopping, then errors popped up:
Front motor disabled
Traction control disabled
Stability control disabled
Steering assist disabled
power reduced.
Reset hard and soft, leave car for 10 min and reset didn't help at all.
Wouldn't go into drive.
Used roadside in app, tow truck was there in 2hrs, Very nice guy,
The nearest service center is 2.5 hrs away, so we waved goodbye and off it went.
We are glad it happened in the town where we live, Everything breaks, I always considered cars a necessary money pit and stuff happens. I drive a 15-year-old Saturn ION.
Will update on repair and be interesting how we get the car back, I'm not up for a 150-mile walk or a bus ride ;]
I should add that I really like the car, and it's fun to drive.

Last edited:
2023 M3LR
Wife was shopping, then errors popped up:
Front motor disabled
Traction control disabled
Stability control disabled
Steering assist disabled
power reduced.
Reset hard and soft, leave car for 10 min and reset didn't help at all.
Wouldn't go into drive.
Used roadside in app, tow truck was there in 2hrs, Very nice guy,
The nearest service center is 2.5 hrs away, so we waved goodbye and off it went.
We are glad it happened in the town where we live, Everything breaks, I always considered cars a necessary money pit and stuff happens. I drive a 15-year-old Saturn ION.
Will update on repair and be interesting how we get the car back, I'm not up for a 150-mile walk or a bus ride ;]
I should add that I really like the car, and it's fun to drive.
Uber credits :)

Reactions: zoomer0056
Update, Car failed on the 13th, it was repaired on the 17th, A problem in the wiring. They said they don't have a return policy but offered $100.00 Uber credits per day, The cost of An Uber to the repair center is $350.00, I suggested I'd pay $100.00 if they would cover the balance, plus lose a day of work.
They said, sorry, We only pay $100.00 per day Uber credits, My response was, OK please give me the Uber credits for the 13th, 14,15th,16th as I was unable to drive the car due to factor defect. No response yet.

Yes I understand the person I'm talking to does not set policy but you think since it was a warranty issue there would be a little give and take. I'll see what their response is. Don't want to be too mean to the service center. Might need them later, ;) I'm able to get a ride up there to get it but I just think there should be a little give on both sides, will update.

You simply just can’t get anything, they only offer Uber and to the OP, the offer is only valid for that day (24H) so you can’t grab previous amounts on top of the current day to add for larger bill. If needed the Uber, then need to download and register. I did it for once and deleted accpunt right after.