Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front motor temporarily disabled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the following warning this morning. Anyone else ever see this? Is "temporary" OK?

Front_motor_warning_4-4-2022.jpg

Correction, 3 weeks to the next available appointment, and that is only if I travel further away. 8 week wait for service if I choose my closer SC location. I'm booked for a family trip of 400+ miles next week, so I'm going to hound support until I get an answer and see if they can give me a loaner, as this is our family car, and I don't have another car lying around to use. And I'm assuming not only this wait time, but if I need a motor, I'm probably looking at weeks at the SC in addition. This is honestly why, while I have loved the car, I can't wait for competitors to catch up. I've owned 50+ cars, and have never had to wait weeks/months for an appointment, or weeks/months for a repair.

Reactions: Jed Clampett
Update - remote diagnostics revealed nothing, and they said just keep an eye out for any other issues, and if another error appears, call my SC immediately and they will make room for my appointment. Otherwise, they can't do anything else but wait until the next appointment which isn't for 3 weeks. Since the error, I've driven about 60 miles and haven't seen the error appear again.

For me, started 4 days back and has not gone away. Appointment is 2 weeks out as of today. What seemed to trigger it was driving at 17% charge (I have never let it go below 25% since new). I went straight to a supercharger thinking if I top it up, the issue might go away. I still don;'t have home charging since my house is being remodeled, but I do get free ChargePoint at work.

I tried soft/hard reboots, and I also tried disconnecting Li-On and main batter power -- didn't fix it. It's very drivable and no other issues have appeared., so even if they have to order me a new front motor, I'll be able to drive it while I wait for parts.

(forgot to mention, I just upgraded to latest software the day before this happened, so there's that)

For me, started 4 days back and has not gone away. Appointment is 2 weeks out as of today. What seemed to trigger it was driving at 17% charge (I have never let it go below 25% since new). I went straight to a supercharger thinking if I top it up, the issue might go away. I still don;'t have home charging since my house is being remodeled, but I do get free ChargePoint at work.

I tried soft/hard reboots, and I also tried disconnecting Li-On and main batter power -- didn't fix it. It's very drivable and no other issues have appeared., so even if they have to order me a new front motor, I'll be able to drive it while I wait for parts.

(forgot to mention, I just upgraded to latest software the day before this happened, so there's that)
So you still have the warnings displayed? SOC wouldn't have anything to do with it, and I doubt a SW update would either. Just one of those things.

This warning appeared one morning when I got in the car when leaving the gym (~70% charge). I was a little concerned and noticed less acceleration in the car. I drove less than a mile and made a quick stop to buy a soda. When I came out the warning light was gone and the car was back to normal. This was 4 or 5 days ago and no further occurrence. I am certainly still worried that this may be a symptom of some other problem.
Still love my car!

Also received this error.

I'm going to guess that none of you pre-started climate in your car, and probably quickly got into Drive once you sat in. Doesn't seem to be a big issue, just slow booting.

I believe it's because of the following, from another post.

“Hi, I'm the technician looking into the power reduction issue on your Model 3. I've investigated the issue and found that it is related to a known firmware characteristic that results in front drive inverter being slow to boot up and triggers the alerts. A soft reset will not resolve this and the current work around is to exit/lock the car for a few minutes and then try and drive the car again

• Informative
Reactions: thesmokingman