Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front motor temporarily disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a post in the Y section hope this is ok mods as it appeared on my 2022 M3LR. Raised case with Tesla, remote team logged in and informed me.

“Hi, I'm the technician looking into the power reduction issue on your Model 3. I've investigated the issue and found that it is related to a known firmware characteristic that results in front drive inverter being slow to boot up and triggers the alerts. A soft reset will not resolve this and the current work around is to exit/lock the car for a few minutes and then try and drive the car again.

Our engineering team have developed a solution which is going through validation and once ready it will be rolled out to the fleet automatically. In this case an appointment is not required so I'd like to close it on our system. Please reply to this message and let me know if you have understood the findings or if you would like me to call back to discuss.”

Symptoms were; error message on screen as below. Two button reset had no impact then leaving car, locking and returning 10mins later the issue cleared.

Just in case anyone with a m3 encounters the issue, then you know the root of the issue and a fix is on the way.

8EC48254-6544-453A-AFC3-2CC1EB2CEE82.jpeg