Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Mudflaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I’m not mistaken all M3a come with front mudflaps installed as standard, rears provided for personal retrofit. My M3 LR was delivered without as they didn’t have time to install these and was advised by the delivery driver to submit a service request. So I’m going into the MK SC to look at the steering wheel vibration, which has to be fair improved and mostly felt on bumpy surfaces only, and the retrofit of the mudflaps is included in the job.

Now I’m in two minds whether to get them installed, I actually prefer the look without the mud flaps so other than stopping some of the muck, do the sills still get damaged without. Anyone remove them or those whose M3s came without them did you bother getting them installed. I’m tight for time so might ask them to defer the retrofit for now.

If I’m not mistaken all M3a come with front mudflaps installed as standard, rears provided for personal retrofit. My M3 LR was delivered without as they didn’t have time to install these and was advised by the delivery driver to submit a service request. So I’m going into the MK SC to look at the steering wheel vibration, which has to be fair improved and mostly felt on bumpy surfaces only, and the retrofit of the mudflaps is included in the job.

Now I’m in two minds whether to get them installed, I actually prefer the look without the mud flaps so other than stopping some of the muck, do the sills still get damaged without. Anyone remove them or those whose M3s came without them did you bother getting them installed. I’m tight for time so might ask them to defer the retrofit for now.
You didn’t even get them in the boot? Just ask for them and fit yourself at a later date if you change your mind.

FYI there are no rear mud flaps from Tesla. You get the little front stubby mud flaps installed by default with the front extensions in the boot should you wish to install them (which is a bad idea as speed bumps with rip them off).

At least fit the stubby ones if they’re not on, they introduced them because the paint was wearing away from road debris and quite badly, .they’re not too intrusive.

The larger ones, as said, are known to hit the ground with speed bumps and even suspension travel over an uneven road. I have them although I cut 2cm from the bottom off them which cures the problem and I drive a lot of muddy roads so get some benefit. In your case, if you don’t like the look I’d probably not bother.

This pic is the level of mud spray I get with the stubby ones after driving through a grass parking area at nearby stately home.

It made me consider the longer ones for the first time which are still sat in my boot. Although I doubt it would make too much difference as most of this mud comes off the wheels as the car turns.

Needless to say, the car has had a wash now.

Attachments

• 71327AF4-F12D-4B8D-9399-A25A0ECFC664.jpeg
    71327AF4-F12D-4B8D-9399-A25A0ECFC664.jpeg
    707.7 KB · Views: 97
We installed ours when they were sent with the “full length” flaps and they soon stopped hitting speed humps as they moulded themselves. On country roads in winter they have cut down a lot of the spray onto the bodywork, although the clumps of mud do need washing off on a regular basis.