Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Number Plate Frame Got Undone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I was lucky that the front number plate didn't fall off while driving. But, yesterday I had parked my Model-3 in my home's driveway, I came home in evening & saw the number plate & the frame was hanging away from the front bumper (there's an 'anchor' type of thing that it has on the bottom) & the two ways sticky tape was sort of "zigzagged" between the bumper & back of the number plate frame. Sorry, as I was a bit stressed to see the whole vision, hence didn't take any photos, but I guess you all can visualize it.

I was going to press the plate frame it back into the bumper, but then knew that it was a risky thing to do & might lose the plate and frame while driving.

Is this something that's covered under our warranty if I take it to the Tesla repairshop, how much will it cost to buy a new one?

What other suggestions do you have. I can't drive the car in Northern VA as the DMV law requires to have both plates visible all time.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, answers & time.

It's installed by Tesla (OEM) when I purchased my Model-3.

It's held on with 3M automotive trim tape. It's likely the SC didn't properly clean the surface or it was too cold when it was put on.

You have two choices. It should absolutely be covered by the service center and the warranty. However, you can order the tape and do it yourself if you don't want to go to the service center. hardest part will be removing the old tape from the frame.