Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front parking sensor issues, wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just recently got my Y wrapped with KPMF ice blue titanium, having issues with 4 out of the 6 front bumpers. Particularly the direct front 4. Do not have issues with the two on the sides of the bumper and rear sensors. Is the wrap causing the sensors not to work? Looking for advice from those who have theirs wrapped.

Just recently got my Y wrapped with KPMF ice blue titanium, having issues with 4 out of the 6 front bumpers. Particularly the direct front 4. Do not have issues with the two on the sides of the bumper and rear sensors. Is the wrap causing the sensors not to work? Looking for advice from those who have theirs wrapped.
I got the exact same problem, service is coming this week.

Yes it is the wrap that causes the problem esp. in cold. My wrap expands around rubber in cold weather which causes air pockets and sensor not to work. When temp is warmer works fine.
My installer talked to service and they told him to cut out the sides. It worked for a little bit then stopped and now works once in a while. I may just cut it out after. I have a model Y so there's no rubber ring around it.

Hi everyone.

I have the same issue just pop up on my MS as well after a new wrap. Can someone please post a picture of the fix if possible? Would be much easier way to explain to my wrap guy.

Thanks.
DE9E7337-C032-4304-B672-5E6770731E2E.png

I had this issue, and didn't wanna do the cut outs on a vinyl wrap! So I found a solution!!! I took a microfiber cloth and wrapped it around a credit card and then I pushed in the vinyl around the ring on every sensor, and then finally VOLLA it worked and all the sensors started back up! Try this before cutting out the sensors!

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I had this issue, and didn't wanna do the cut outs on a vinyl wrap! So I found a solution!!! I took a microfiber cloth and wrapped it around a credit card and then I pushed in the vinyl around the ring on every sensor, and then finally VOLLA it worked and all the sensors started back up! Try this before cutting out the sensors!
Have the same issue, my fronts were wrapped and 3-4 days old. Will try this out, otherwise, I'll ask my installer to cut it out.