Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front parkings sensors sees ghost object and door sensors don't see anything

sjokomelk

Dec 9, 2012
Stol, Norway
I got my Model X 100D three weeks ago, and the last week and a half the two center front parking sensors see something close to the car. So when I put the car in drive or reverse, the picture of the car and parking sensors show up with the STOP symbol and red line close to the front. And of course dings and dongs like there is no tomorrow. There is nothing in front of my car, so the sensors are seeing ghosts. This is also very distracting while driving in slow traffic, as the car keeps beeping at me when going below 10kmh (7mph).
I also get an error message from time to time saying "Parking assist disabled" and "Automatic emergency braking disabled". But then they disappear after a while.
And then suddenly the parking sensors are working just like normal, and a few miles down the road they are acting up again.

The last week my doors have also stopped seeing ceilings above the car and cars parked next to it. So the doors slams into other cars when I open them. The rear doors slammed into the ceiling of the parking garage at work too. Earlier they stopped half way up, as there is only about a foot of clearance above the car. And when parked outside they open at a wide angle, slamming into cars parked next to me. The display doesn't show the half moon that it used to show when there were objects obstructing the doors.
So now I can only open the rear doors when parked outside and away from other cars. The front doors I have to stop after they just open, so I have control over them.

Have anyone else experience issues like these?

I have tried getting help from Tesla for the last week now, but no one is getting back to me. I keep calling them every single day.
I live three hours drive away from the Stavanger/Forus service center, so it's not easy for me to just stop by them either. But I'm considering taking a day of from work just to go there and scream at them. Not exactly the kind of customer support or product I thought I was getting at this price point...

johnny04

Dec 21, 2017
Washington, DC
I have tried getting help from Tesla for the last week now, but no one is getting back to me. I keep calling them every single day.

I'm confused. I thought there is an app where you go to schedule an appointment online. It would show you all the available slots. Am I wrong? Why calling and getting frustrated?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC