Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front passenger air bag slightly bulging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else's front passenger airbag appear to be causing a slight bump in the dash? I noticed this the other day while driving (I figured this must be new as I hadn't noticed it before). I'm bringing my S into service for unrelated reasons so wanted to check with others before bringing it to the service tech's attention. Thanks!

Does anyone else's front passenger airbag appear to be causing a slight bump in the dash? I noticed this the other day while driving (I figured this must be new as I hadn't noticed it before). I'm bringing my S into service for unrelated reasons so wanted to check with others before bringing it to the service tech's attention. Thanks!

Are you going to ask the service tech,
"Is that an airbag under the dash or it's just happy to see me?"

I wouldn't even drive the thing. Take a picture, send it to service and see what they say. I doubt it is the actual airbag bulging, but I have no clue how those things work.
I would strongly suggest letting them know now, rather than springing it on them when you arrive.