TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front passenger air bag slightly bulging

Discussion in 'Model S' started by brycerocky, Jul 2, 2018.

1. brycerocky

brycerocky Member

Does anyone else's front passenger airbag appear to be causing a slight bump in the dash? I noticed this the other day while driving (I figured this must be new as I hadn't noticed it before). I'm bringing my S into service for unrelated reasons so wanted to check with others before bringing it to the service tech's attention. Thanks!

2. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Definitely bring it to their attention... That seems like a significant safety issue potentially... I can say none of my airbags are bulging in any noticeable way...

Jeff

3. demundus

demundus Member

I can't really imagine any scenario in any car where an airbag area should be bulging. Its literally a controlled explosion lol...

4. Need

Need Active Member

Are you going to ask the service tech,
    "Is that an airbag under the dash or it's just happy to see me?"

5. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

I wouldn't even drive the thing. Take a picture, send it to service and see what they say. I doubt it is the actual airbag bulging, but I have no clue how those things work.
    I would strongly suggest letting them know now, rather than springing it on them when you arrive.