Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front passenger door doesn't open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone,
I am having an issue where the front passenger door won't open from the outside, from the inside or the screen. Has anyone else had this issue? I called SC and have an appointment tomorrow. The most annoying part, is the Door open alarm sound blares.

Thanks!

Everyone,
I am having an issue where the front passenger door won't open from the outside, from the inside or the screen. Has anyone else had this issue? I called SC and have an appointment tomorrow. The most annoying part, is the Door open alarm sound blares.

Thanks!

Yes,I have the identical problem.The SC diagnozed it as a faulty latch.They have ordered the latch - I take it in next week to get it fixed. I don't know what they did but they were able to tweak something that told the system the door is closed, and hence no more blaring alarm bells. They told me this is a temporary fix and will last only as long as I don't open the door again. They offered to loan me a Model S but I declined since they were able to turn off the warning alarm. I could live with not opening the passenger door for a few days.

Last edited:
Great. I will most likely do the same thing. Don't want to stop driving this amazing car!

Yes,I have the identical problem.The SC diagnozed it as a faulty latch.They've ordered the latch - I take it in next week to get it fixed. I don't know what they did but they were able to tweak something that told the system the door is closed, and hence no more blaring alarm bells. They told me this is a temporary fix and will last only as long as I don't open the door again. They offered to loan me a Model S but I declined since they were able to turn off the warning alarm. I could live with not opening the passenger door for a few days.
at.

Great. I will most likely do the same thing. Don't want to stop driving this amazing car!

at.

There is no reason to stop driving it, nor even waste time at the SC.

The car has 4 doors and the trunk - so there are 4 other ways a person can get into the front seat. That is why this extra redundancy was built into the car. Live. The. Vision.

There is no reason to stop driving it, nor even waste time at the SC.

The car has 4 doors and the trunk - so there are 4 other ways a person can get into the front seat. That is why this extra redundancy was built into the car. Live. The. Vision.

I enter and exit through the falcon wing doors anyway. Feel that it's more dramatic that way.

I have had this issue couple of times. First time when I took delivery a month ago - they said they needed to replace the latch and replaced it. Took an hr to fix. Happened again a week ago. Took it to the service center and they fixed it in about 5 mins. They said they reset the doors. I asked how and they said not recommended for customers as they pulled a few fuses out and put them back!!

Same here. The first time they just reset the computer, but it happened again and again and finally they figured it was the latch. So if they tell you it's the computer, it's not. Many Xs have this issue and it needs for the latch to be replaced.

So, dropped off the X after having it for 10 days. They need to order the latch. The SC told me a couple of days but when he ordered my SUV replacement from Enterprise, he said "at least 5 days". ☹️

I think i have the door problems more often than most people on this forum. The X is in SC again to fix doors. They are still waiting to find out the reason why it's so problematic.

Again! Must be a hassle to visit the service center weekly or do they come over to pick up your X?

They need to get you your replacement X already, they are lucky to have a customer like you.

Again! Must be a hassle to visit the service center weekly or do they come over to pick up your X?

They need to get you your replacement X already, they are lucky to have a customer like you.

This is the 11-13 times I have been to SC. I lost count already. I got two loaners already, first time white Model S 60 KWH, second time red Model S P85 which I got yesterday. The second loaner is by far the nicest. Well, my model x is truly one of a kind. The quality is just better than the youtube video we saw and hated so much. The overall quality of my X if I to rate it will be 3.5 out of 10. It is what it is. I am less involved with the forum now due to the lack of confidence with my X. Felt great for other owners who got a flawless X, felt extremely sad for myself for having a very troublesome yet severe misaligned X.

This is the 11-13 times I have been to SC. I lost count already. I got two loaners already, first time white Model S 60 KWH, second time red Model S P85 which I got yesterday. The second loaner is by far the nicest. Well, my model x is truly one of a kind. The quality is just better than the youtube video we saw and hated so much. The overall quality of my X if I to rate it will be 3.5 out of 10. It is what it is. I am less involved with the forum now due to the lack of confidence with my X. Felt great for other owners who got a flawless X, felt extremely sad for myself for having a very troublesome yet severe misaligned X.

Ouch for 3.5/10 and 13 times at the SC! Do you live close to the SC? I couldn't imagine going their weekly due to issues even though I live about 12 miles away but traffic on the 55 is always horrible.

Looks like they need to expand or relocate the Costa Mesa service, when I went about a month ago to pickup my Wall Connector they seemed to be very crowded.

Ouch for 3.5/10 and 13 times at the SC! Do you live close to the SC? I couldn't imagine going their weekly due to issues even though I live about 12 miles away but traffic on the 55 is always horrible.

Looks like they need to expand or relocate the Costa Mesa service, when I went about a month ago to pickup my Wall Connector they seemed to be very crowded.

Not too far. Still around 15 min drive local tho.