TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front Passenger Door Not Operating

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by lloyds, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

We're having the same issue. The latch needs to be replaced.

2. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Well, as luck would have it my driver side door is now acting up.

3. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Lyon, how long did this take for your replacement?

4. elguapo

elguapo Member

@lloyds I had an issue with a ton of error messages like no ABS, no regen, no traction control and 3-4 others last Sunday. Came out of nowhere.

I emailed Tesla service and they called me within 10 minutes and responded on email and told me to shut off car for 5 minutes or so and then power it back on. Since then, all has been great. Also helped me recalibrate passenger side front door. However, I think the door will need a long term fix - looks like a seal issue on my window. I think latch is fine

5. ArnieR

ArnieR Member

I have one of the first thousand and have had quirky problems that went away with software updates and created with updates...be patient. I am currently having similar problems and found things that help. 1) Shut the system down (just like your iPhone). 2) Manually open the door and slowly push it completely open then close it. 3)Make sure you send "Note to Tesla" from the steering wheel and explain specifically the problem. This leaves a tag for Tesla. Perhaps you have already done these...not by yourself...Your spouse says you spent too much money.

6. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

I had this same problem and it only took an afternoon for them to update the car and re-calibrate the door. Amazing service.

7. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

The part took about a week to come (it's there now). I haven't taken the car in because they're still waiting on replacement rear seats and the service center is about 100 miles away. I'm waiting to do it all at once.

8. ZachsDad

ZachsDad Member

My driver door just stopped working today, 3rd one on a 47xxx, Dec. 2014. The Portland SC has kept them in stock so I've not had to wait for parts, just a 3 hr. Service appt. I'm 4 hrs away and my appt. isn't until next Wed. Does anyone know if one of the 3rd party apps can open the windows? That would be awesome.

9. dwebb66

dwebb66 Member

You had an X in 2014??

10. ZachsDad

ZachsDad Member

No, sorry. My MS has had 3 door handle failures in a little over a year. I sure hope the replacements are more reliable.

11. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Respectfully, your Mfg. Date and Vin is not an X.

12. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Received my X back and they indeed had to replace both latches. Now everything is working great.

13. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

My front passenger door has quit opening unless activated by the screen.

14. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

I assume that you checked that it was still set. Another try that may help:

Go to the Controls - Emergency and turn the car off. Then power it back on again (touch the brake or panel). Now open the door, get out, walk away to get it to close. Then approach the car again and see if it opens.

I had to do this after one of the updates. Not sure if it actually helped or was just a coincidence.:confused:

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  15. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

Fixed! Thx!

16. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Car is back...they replaced the latch

Screenshot_20160513-135947.png

17. elguapo

elguapo Member

The firmware update is odd as I was just told today by Tech Support and SC that latest version was 2.17.95 and that came out 10 days ago or so.

Glad all is working for you!

18. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Thanks! Hope this gives some guidance for those who have had probs with your front doors.

19. SolarRoof

SolarRoof Member

Just today, my pass door will not open or close from the outside or the screen -- only works with the interior door latch. Tesla sending a tech to my office to check.

20. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze Member

This just happened to me, too. Service scheduled for Wednesday.