Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front passenger door swings open violently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since sometime around the v10 upgrade my passenger front door (not falcon wing) has been acting funny. Sometimes, but not always, it swings open violently. It opens so hard that it seems like it’s going to break the hinges. Luckily it hasn’t hit anything parked next to me yet.

i have any early 2016 build. 3001 vin number, 90d, ap1 and mcu1.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I’ve already tried resetting according to the sticky post where I scroll wheel reset the screen and open the door and slowly close it to try to recalibrate it but it doesn’t seem to help.

Since sometime around the v10 upgrade my passenger front door (not falcon wing) has been acting funny. Sometimes, but not always, it swings open violently. It opens so hard that it seems like it’s going to break the hinges. Luckily it hasn’t hit anything parked next to me yet.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I’ve already tried resetting according to the sticky post where I scroll wheel reset the screen and open the door and slowly close it to try to recalibrate it but it doesn’t seem to help.
My 1st X was a Sig P90DL AP1/MCU1 vin 00260. I had that problem once on my drivers door at a restaurant. I am afraid I don't recall what fixed it. I think it only happened once. That was 2 years ago and quite a few firmwares.

Reactions: chloedog

Having this same issue on my driver side door, opens violently and will hit walls/cars at full speed. Not entirely sure but only event I can think of that might have been the cause would be when my door opened (as I approached car) in a strong winds and the wind blew the door open with force… leaving me thinking Ouch, that could have done damage.
But door behaviour is sporadic and sometimes seems fine. Any tips appreciated