Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Passenger Safety Restraint System Fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having my Model X for about 2 months now, and last week, I decided to take it to my local Krispy Kreme. All of a sudden, a warning shows up on my gauge cluster saying "Front Passenger Safety Restraint System Fault," and it recommended that I contact Tesla service immediately. Tesla engineer swung by my house, drove him around the neighborhood, and he played with the front passenger seat, and no problem! It just so happens that yesterday, when I went on my weekly Krispy Kreme commute, that the warning decides to say "Hello" again, near the same, exact spot where I got the warning last time. Anybody know if this is a GPS problem or a bug in the software? Thanks

We recently got this error on our Model X. It started after we'd given a ride to some folks - a large guy sat in the front passenger seat so we moved it all the way back, and a smaller woman with a cane was behind him and at one point she said her cane was stuck and she was pulling on it.

I suspected a connector may have come loose, but I looked under the seat (kinda hard to do...I tried taking pictures with my phone...I should have used a mirror) but I didn't see anything.

Mobile service came out in a couple of days, and sure enough, it was just a connector. They plugged it back in, didn't charge me anything, and all has been well since.

Other models have gotten the same error; some were connectors, but at least one was a liquid spill (after drying off, it was fine) and at least one needed the whole seat replaced.