Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Front passenger seat rattle

I have a 2022 M3 LR that's had a front passenger seat rattle since the day I took delivery a few weeks ago. It's medium to high pitched and random depending on the condition of the road. When a person is sitting in this seat, the rattle completely goes away. Sort of sounds like a loose plastic piece rubbing against something similar. Very annoying. Doesn't appear to involve the seat belt mechanism. Any ideas on how to address this issue short of taking it into a service center?

I have the same issue. There are a couple of components under the seat with wire harnesses that have somehow loosened enough to hit the plastic cover above them. I tried taping them up, which works for a few days. Now it is making noise again. I may try wrapping them with zip ties or possibly fabric to cushion them.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC