Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

front passenger seat squeaks.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my M3 RWD and love it, but I've noticed a squeak in the front passenger seat when its unoccupied and I go over a bump. Its kinda annoying. I can reproduce it by rocking the seat when sitting in the back seat. Is this a thing covered? Or should I go about solving it myself.

Just got my M3 RWD and love it, but I've noticed a squeak in the front passenger seat when its unoccupied and I go over a bump. Its kinda annoying. I can reproduce it by rocking the seat when sitting in the back seat. Is this a thing covered? Or should I go about solving it myself.
Just had the front passenger seat replaced under warranty yesterday, after enduring squeaking for months. 4 trips to the Service Center. Solved that problem. Solved the problem of rattling seat belts by myself, putting felt on the side of the door. Now only have to get rid of the rubbing sound coming from the rear seats.

Here is an excellent video on how to fix a front seat crackling/squeaking/rattling noise.
In my case, the noise has been going on since day one of ownership and I've sworn that it was coming from the right rear of the car.
Noticed that whenever my wife sat in the passenger seat, the noise went away. So after finding this video, I removed the back from the front passenger seat and checked the position of the two grommets discussed in the video and they seemed fine. BUT, I noticed a lot of play involving a black hook about 3 in. wide located near the top of the seat back and attaches to a silver metal plate. I taped the black hook tight against the metal plate to limit movement and I also for good measure secured the small white electrical connector near the bottom left against the yellow bracket. Re-installed the seat back and headrest and went for a drive. NO noise!! So when you have the seat back off, be sure and check the grommets for secure position and also check for excessive play in the black hook part. Hope this helps someone.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC