Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Passenger Seat Wrinkles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys! Just got my new 100D about 2 months ago. Loving everything about this suv!

I jus noticed the front passenger seat has some wrinkles this morning. The leather has some wrinkles on it. Just wondering is this normal or it has to be sent to check?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_7238.jpg
    IMG_7238.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_4216.jpg
    IMG_4216.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 489
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 person
My 2015 has terrible cracks and wrinkles in both front seats.

Easily the worst quality leather I’ve had in a vehicle. And this was back when they were using the real stuff.

"Has" implies you didn't get them to fix it... Point out that Bjorn just got brand new front seats in his X for free, and they were only stained by his jeans.

My 2015 has terrible cracks and wrinkles in both front seats.

Easily the worst quality leather I’ve had in a vehicle. And this was back when they were using the real stuff.

The artificial material they are using now is miles better than the real leather. I don't have a single wrinkle on my seats and they have a nicer feel too. I had an old loaner a few months ago with the real leather and I agree it was cheap and nasty.

Hi guys! Just got my new 100D about 2 months ago. Loving everything about this suv!

I jus noticed the front passenger seat has some wrinkles this morning. The leather has some wrinkles on it. Just wondering is this normal or it has to be sent to check?

Thank you!

I would complain about that. My ultra-white seats have no wrinkles or creases after a year and 17k miles use.

Reactions: 1 person
i got my used 2016 and noticed this on both my front seats. I asked the service center and they told me it was normal. They would not replace them, but they did give me a quote for replacing at my own cost. I think they thought i had unlimited funds. $3252 for drivers seat and labor :O I'd be very surprised if anyone got their seat replaced if this is the only issue. Wish I could get mine replaced, but I can't pay for that.

Wow! Thank you all for great responses! So half is wrinkled and half not? Hmm, I was so surprised to see mine actually, only 4k km, especially Tesla claims that the seat has been "over-layered" with "tough materials".
I have contacted my service consultant, he told me that it is "quite normal" for the wrinkles...
I was wondering if I can use some aftermarket products, like "leather conditioner or cleaner" to get them less noticeable.