Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Passenger Window Clicking Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been having an issue since around 15K miles where the front passenger window makes this clicking noise when it closes all the way. Asked Tesla service to check it out when I have the car there for something else and they stated they were unable to replicate the issue but re-calibrated the window anyways. Picked the car up after hours and it still had the issue.

Tried to forget about it but it is driving me nuts. I am also thinking about selling the car so really wanting to get it fixed. I have schedule a mobile service for 7/30 for them to take another look. Has anyone else had a similar issue and can share what the fix was? I haven't been too impressed with Tesla Service's ability to diagnose things.

This is often a bad relay or power window regulator and is a common repair in any vehicle (ICE and EV), although 15k miles is very quick for a failure. It should be covered under warranty though. Have them check it again and be insistent that they fix it (it's an easy fix for any traditional mechanic unless Tesla did something unusual with their design).

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up; I sent them the video and asked if it could be an issue with the power window regulator and they sent an updated estimate that shows they will be replacing the "Window Motor/Regulator Assembly" and the payment is listed as "Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty" so that all looks good. Just wish they would have got it right the first time.

I have been having an issue since around 15K miles where the front passenger window makes this clicking noise when it closes all the way. Asked Tesla service to check it out when I have the car there for something else and they stated they were unable to replicate the issue but re-calibrated the window anyways. Picked the car up after hours and it still had the issue.

Tried to forget about it but it is driving me nuts. I am also thinking about selling the car so really wanting to get it fixed. I have schedule a mobile service for 7/30 for them to take another look. Has anyone else had a similar issue and can share what the fix was? I haven't been too impressed with Tesla Service's ability to diagnose things.

Thanks for posting. I'm having a similar issue in my new MX. I have a mobile service appointment on Monday. The window is functional but it sounds awful towards the end of closing; like something is ready to stop working. I have less than 3K miles on the car.