Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front passenger window sunshade options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife is very sun sensitive, and we take frequent road trips. I'd love to get some sort of sunshade for the passenger side window. Something like the ones Tesla makes for the other windows would be ideal.

I've done some searching online, but haven't found anything great. Any suggestions?

Hi Drew!

The issue of light transmission, through automotive windows has been of interest to me for decades. The first thing to do is determine if there is a wavelength(s) of liggt that cause the light generated issue.(s) There are a whole host of those, of course and the diagnosis can be quite difficult to pinpoint.

OTOH, if the brightness, irrespective of wavelength is the complaint of your beloved, then that is a different issue.

I have found that, even major automotive manufacturers source th windshields for a given year, make and model, from multiple countries, each windshield source having different spectral characteristics.

Now, having a measurement of wavelengths transmitted, after determining the source of the wife's aversion to light,might be of some use, for selection of a given vehicle. OTOH, if brightness is the sole issue, for the wife, that will be a real challenge, for daytime driving or front passenger seating, given the canopy front windshield and the side window, in play. I would like to see a acceptable, clever shield, for brightness attenuation in the front cabin of the X as well, short of a 7 inch, brim Brent Black, Cogolos, ultra wide hat.

Thank you very much

Fury