Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Plate Mount installed - screw into nose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was delivered with the front plate mounting bracket. I got the plates in the mail and tried to put on the front plate, the screws for the top 2 holes seem to hit the nose and don't go in.
Do I need to screw really hard into the nose area, go to tesla to have them drill into the nose area, or what?

The bottom 2 screws are fine, so for now I have the plate on just via the bottom 2, but having my Good2Go pass also there covers up part of the license number, it should be on the top...

I see some others whose cars were delivered with the screws in place with no plate, mine was delivered with the front/back screws in a little bag in the frunk. (at the back 'zero emissions' plate was screwed in with different phillips head screws instead of the star ones in the bag)

Yep, you need to drill a pilot hole into the nose cone and then screw in the screws. If you're handy you can do this yourself - since the bottoms are holding the bracket you have everything lined up. Else you can take it to Tesla and they can do it for you.