Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've had our M3P for 18 months and no citations for not having the license attached to the front bumper. Let it be known thought, if you get pulled over for any infraction, including driving without your plates attached, you can be sure the the officer WILL tack on the "no front license mounted" infraction along with the original infraction. That's just how they roll. They start with 1 item and will add on as much as they can!

But I'm in the process of looking for an alternative solution to the OEM mount that came with the car. I've got 3 months! I pray I find something that looks good and I like.
Leaning towards the SnapPlate
mount.
SnapPlate Model 3 Front License Plate Mount by LivingTesla
Easy on...easy off!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kbra
Here's what I use - just stick it on once a year when I go in for safety check. Rest of the time, nada.
Got the parts on Amazon. Cost about $20.
And like @Hawnboy says, don't act up and draw attention to yourself.

Suction Cup Plate.jpg

**Knock on wood*** I've never had a front plate on my S, X, 3 and now Y. Never had an issue, except when it comes time for safety check renewal. Like others have said, just don't do anything dumb and call attention to yourself. I currently have the Quick Bandit in my trunk well just in case I need to attach it quickly for parking meters, get on base, etc. Highly recommended, but pricey.

I have the prior version Bandit for my 3 available for sale if anyone is interested. It's the same as the Quick bandit, except it's not as fast to put on and take off (you need a torx screwdriver and about 5 minutes).

Because of my impending required State safety check my inklings of purchasing the SnapPlate for it's quick and easy on and off mounting process, I decided to go with the Evannex mount.

I worried about the force that many of the differqent mounts place on the lower grill and the fact that someone (our local folks) could simply walk by the front of your car and break off that mount and damage the grill.

For me, the Evannex Quick mount works for me. And because of it's ease of mounting with 3M mounting tape, plus it makes the front of my P3 look lower then it really is.

Just a heads up, I was pulled into a DUI checkpoint and was cleared through by the officer checking drivers. Another officer up ahead directed me to pull over once he saw my front bumper without a license plate.

Luckily the officer who cleared me shouted ahead to the other officer, “Eh! He all good! Get da peppa plates!” The officer then said, “Oh sorry, you’re good.”

I opted for the SnapPlate from everyamp.com since I detail my own car quite frequently. The frame locks in place with a torx screw and includes a screwdriver to keep in your frunk or glovebox.
448689DD-C077-43FE-A0BB-9B3642D9D5E5.jpeg

Reactions: fstop11 and Akikiki
I interned on Maui with the police dept a while back and they “can” pull you over for no front plate, even without a traffic infraction. It’s just that most won’t go through the hassle. Similar to window tints, where some officers may add-on the tint violation if already on a traffic stop for a moving violation.

It’s a risk we choose to take if we don’t want to rock the plates on the front bumper. My buddy doesn’t have front plates on his 2020 Model 3 SR+ and hasn’t run into any issues so far. I’d rather avoid the entire situation altogether. Haha

I've been driving my S now for 8 years without a front tag. I just jinxed myself by saying that. I will take the chance. However, I have stood in front of the mirror and practiced my "Oh my, Officer, dem darn kids, looks like they forgot to put it back on after they washed it", he says with a big "oh gosh, sorry sir" look on my face, as I excuse myself and open the frunk, get the tag out, ready to stick it on with suction cups frame. Maybe he will laugh with me and excuse me. Otherwise, I have the time, to go down to police station and show them "its fixed, sir", can you excuse my ticket. Da's my plan.
:D

Well I put them on today.. Fitment is perfect, but it just looks better with out it. What scared me hist story with Checkpoints. I say one on ala moana but we usually deviate over to queen street to go home.

I guess if I cant get over how it looks i'll put it in the trunk and cross my figures. When I was a young punk in my RX7 I got every fixed ticket in the book. I feel that was 25 years ago and we are older men or women and cop should give us a second look and let up go. Else yes I will use,,,, *sugar* i forgot the plates after washing car. I give that a 30% chance of working.