Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Plates in VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who are registering the vehicles in VA, is TESLA delivering the vehicle with the front plates ON?

If not, did anyone got a ticket for not having a front license plates?

Any easy way to mount the plate on the front without making holes on front bumper?

I am in Maryland where front plates are also required. The front license plate bracket was in the trunk on delivery. Mobile service will come out and install it for you if you put in a request.

There are solutions like the "quick bandit" or "snap plate" that use the lower grille to mount the plate so it can be easily removed. I just chose to leave mine off. I will probably get one of those products though. I think its an $80 fine so if it saves me from one fine it almost pays for itself.

Not sure what they’re doing now, but when I went in to pick up my M3 in 2019 SA asked if he wanted me to put the stick-on plate holder on the car. Not knowing there was a clip-on alternative I said yes. Now my son who also lives in VA just drives with no front plate, and has never been stopped in 4 years. I may do the same with the new MY.
There are a few places now that offer variations of removable plate holders that leave no residue or damage to the front bumper cover.

I am in Maryland where front plates are also required. The front license plate bracket was in the trunk on delivery. Mobile service will come out and install it for you if you put in a request.

There are solutions like the "quick bandit" or "snap plate" that use the lower grille to mount the plate so it can be easily removed. I just chose to leave mine off. I will probably get one of those products though. I think its an $80 fine so if it saves me from one fine it almost pays for itself.
Thanks, can you link the product or snap plate you are talking about?

For those who are registering the vehicles in VA, is TESLA delivering the vehicle with the front plates ON?

If not, did anyone got a ticket for not having a front license plates?

Any easy way to mount the plate on the front without making holes on front bumper?
Tesla did not attach the front plate on my Model Y in 2020.

I have the front plate on my Model Y, but 17 years ago I did get a ticket for not having a front plate on my Honda S2000.

I have a Quick Bandit on my Model Y.

I really like this version on my MY...
TesFram Front License Plate Mount for 2023-2020 Tesla Model Y - Upgrade Grille-Safe, (USA Patent), Height-Adjustable, High-Density Metal-Made, No Holes License Plate Frame (Second Generation Design) Amazon.com
Ditto on the TesFram - I’m using that one as well. Looks great.
A10123F7-34F1-4D36-B187-A126ABAFAFD5.jpeg