TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Front radar won't work !

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Johan31270, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Johan31270

Johan31270 Member

Hi there,

My father has a P85D since march 2015 and have enjoyed every minute in it.
    But one week ago, the front radar seems to not working anymore. Car sees lane, and speed limit but doesn't see the cars in front anymore. The result is autopilot doesn't work, as Tacc...
    We called SC, tried several things but nothing works... Yesterday we had a software update with spotify and other things and we believed it would have repair the front radar but it seems to be a hardware problem....

Tesla wants my father to go 300 miles away to the SC. It is very disappointed, when he bought the car, we were told that the Rangers could repair at home. Even if we go there, SC is not sure to give an other car to my father for the delay of repair... Very poor response of Tesla.

Is somebody here had the same issue ?
    We live in France by the way..

thx
    Johan

2. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

Try to schedule a day to drop off when they can commit to trying to fix while you wait or give you another s to drive home if they need more time.

3. mrElbe

mrElbe Member

Yes, I had this issue in October last year. I made sure that no dirt obstructed the radar unit and there was no visible damage. Had to take it to service centre and they had to re-align radar as per work order.

4. Johan31270

Johan31270 Member

Is Tesla simply can't send a ranger to repair ?