Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery inNovember. 2021 Model S. Under 3K miles. They had it for 4 days. Repacked with Magic grease, said it was fixed, drove home less than 3 miles still making the noise. Was then told its normal. SMH. Guy was cool but now they are ordering new shafts. Also when I tap accelerator I feel a noticeable thump from rear motor. Apparently that's normal also.
Anyone else?

Based on his mention of them ordering new shafts, it is the very well known front end shudder under hard acceleration for the non refreshed Model S and X. The revised half shafts they released a few months ago fix the issue. Nothing more then a service center visit to correct the issue if it arises.

The rear end thump is normal as well. Unless you want the motor hard mounted to the frame (you don't).

So there were new half shafts made after last November? I had to wait for it to be built before it was delivered. I got it the last week before production was stopped for Elons's 69K price point.
I was told it was a special grease that is like a steel that packs the joints fill in voids caused by accelerating in a "different' kind of car. LOL Right after I left I hard accelerated and the noise was clear as day that it was not fixed. Frustrating, the car has under 3K miles on it. Still waiting for the new parts to come in. I think the service centers are forced to try this and then will be given the ok to proceed with shaft replacements .

PS I don't usually do hard accelerations often. I live in Brooklyn NY and there are speed cameras everywhere, and I usually don't do it anyway. Kinda just like to know I can if I want.